Coconut Oil

Options
Looking for the best coconut oil (and where I can purchase). I absolutely hate coconut but I am looking to make some recipes which call for it. I did some research and it seems like I might want to invest in refined coconut oil? Any help or direction on brands and where to buy is appreciated.

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I use Simple Truth Organic Coconut Oil. I purchase mine at Kroger.
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Some have a coconut flavor, others do not. You probably want refined. The Spectrum organic brand is sold at Walmart and does not have a coconut flavor (to me).
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Agreed regarding refined - it does not lose its nutritional qualities, but it will likely have less of a coconut smell. I like Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. You can order it in a three-pack from Amazon and it's a bit cheaper than buying it at the grocery store.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use spectrum refined organic coconut oil. Coconut oil is expensive, but I love using it in baking and various recipes. I get mine at kroger, and it usually lasts me a fair while. You can definitely smell the coconut but unless it's one of the main ingredients, I don't usually notice it really in baking.
  • mclark83
    mclark83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this is super helpful!
  • 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I purchase mine at a health food store, I use Gold top organics.
    Enjoy!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    For those of us on a budget, Costco has a giant organic cold pressed tub of the stuff that isn't bad at all.