I am sick of junk food but I can't stop

Options
I really need help... I am tall and have a thin frame but I have this extra belly weight I can not seem to shake. To make things worse I find it incredibly hard to go even 24 hours without some form of junk food... And if I do last a full day or two, I end up binging. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I just need more motivation or something. Has anyone else had this problem? Have any of you overcome it? Please let me know! Much appreciation for any replies!!!

Replies

• JoylynnAroundthebend
    JoylynnAroundthebend Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. Junk food for me is just about anything made with sugar; candy, ice cream, cookies etc. I eat until they are gone or I get sick to my stomach. People say don't buy it, don't have it in the house, but that creates anxiety foe me.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Don't try and cut it out completely, as you said that will just cause you to binge. Try and incorporate some of the foods you love into your daily intake. It's also important to eat enough protein, and the best way to do that is chicken, pork, beef, cheese, milk, etc. Try and plan your entire day's calorie intake the night before and stick to it the next day. If you have it completely planned out you're less likely to deviate than if you're kind making it up as you go.
  • Jleisher7
    Jleisher7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too ! I dont really have any ways to counteract it yet but maybe we will find some soon.
    Its just even worse for me to know I put on almost all the weight I lost and I never thought I would be that person to gain it.
    So I am trying to lose it and get healthier before it gets worse
  • Bluemints1
    Bluemints1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ah, believe me, i was the same! I would wake up in the morning and eat breakfast, then instantly open up some chocolate.. I would eat bars and bars of it every day. I'm pretty sure i was addicted to sugar, i've only been logging here for ten days, but on the first full day without sugary sweets or chocolate, i was sick and headachey, which i think had something to do with the lack of sugar. But when i started watching what i was eating and doing exercise, i made sure i was constantly busy and i would try eating fruit (i hate fruit and veg but i can eat grapes forever) and i would just eat fruit until i'm full.
    I've found that i no longer have cravings when i'm full, so when i start considering running down to the shop and buying some chocolate, i eat a ton of grapes until i'm full enough to not want more.

It may not work for you, but then again it may do :)
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    Results will happen, but only if you are willing to put in the work.we can push through ANYTHING if we allow ourselves to. To ACHIEVE your GOALS -- You have to WANT it more than you FEAR it.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ah, believe me, i was the same! I would wake up in the morning and eat breakfast, then instantly open up some chocolate.. I would eat bars and bars of it every day. I'm pretty sure i was addicted to sugar, i've only been logging here for ten days, but on the first full day without sugary sweets or chocolate, i was sick and headachey, which i think had something to do with the lack of sugar. But when i started watching what i was eating and doing exercise, i made sure i was constantly busy and i would try eating fruit (i hate fruit and veg but i can eat grapes forever) and i would just eat fruit until i'm full.
    I've found that i no longer have cravings when i'm full, so when i start considering running down to the shop and buying some chocolate, i eat a ton of grapes until i'm full enough to not want more.

It may not work for you, but then again it may do :)

It works for me too with fruits! I'm on team - oranges - All the time! Also chewing sugarless gum, helped me a lot.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macro. Eat the so called junk food energy dense non nutrient foods everyday. Make it fit your macro.
  • Katnalli
    Katnalli Posts: 2
    Options
    I definitely have tried the fruit thing, I just fear there Is so much sugar in fruit that it almost is just as bad. I understand it's natural sugar but if I eat it constantly isn't it just as bloating?