Lost my first pound and had to tell the world!!!!

Options
Hi all!

I am new here, been logging consistently for 13 days, and got a little discouraged in the first week when my weight actually went UP 1 lb. !!! Ahhhh!!! But by reading these forums, I learned that this was normal, and that I should push on. So push on I did :-)

Today I weighed myself after dinner (I know, I know, bad time to do that, don't scold me), and I was one pound lighter than when I started!!!!
How did I do it?? Well by logging I discovered exactly how many calories I was actually eating in a day, and how many calories I was burning. These numbers were shocking at first, but by doing some research I figured out what I could eat that I actually ENJOYED eating without breaking my daily calorie allowance. Logging has also encouraged me to get off my butt more and walk rather than taking shuttles, etc. I am also now doing indoor rock climbing at a local gym and LOVING IT!!! I have been a dancer all my life, but gaining so much weight really made it hard to train properly, and has been wrecking havoc on my joints when I do try to push through.

I AM SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED that this plan is working for me! On to the next pound!!

Replies

• chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up x
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to keep pushing through!
  • bushytail3
    bushytail3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Such great support here!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When you start to see that number go down, it's really exciting! Keep at it... one pound at a time! :-)
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1352309-huzzah1_super1.jpg?w=584&h=467
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Keep going :-)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Lotz of stars for you ☆☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆♥
  • kadsmaller
    kadsmaller Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    See you at the next pound! Keep up the good work of taking care of YOU.
  • On2Goals
    On2Goals Posts: 3
    Options
    Good job! Way to hang in there. : )
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And pssssst...you'll probably even lower in the am after you go to sleep and get that metabolism revving ;)
  • Sonja1211
    Sonja1211 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep it up!!
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAY!
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Every journey begins with the first step (or the first pound). I'm really proud of you for sticking with it. Many more to come!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Woot!
  • Banana891
    Banana891 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yay!! I saw this quote somewhere on the Internet. "If you're tired of starting over than stop giving up." This quote has really inspired me to keep going. You just have to keep progressing slowly. Have fun with it, and always be optimistic! Keep it up! :-)
  • lovecomputers
    Options
    That's great. I'm glad you didn't get discouraged. It's not a race, so just keep the pace.:flowerforyou:
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You did the first step and that's to get educated and start tracking. Great job! Wishing you regular successes.
  • bushytail3
    bushytail3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You are all so awesome! I expected some supportive comments, but the outpouring of support and motivation I just read through literally brought tears to my eyes! The funny memes really made my day :-) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I really hope to return the favor to all of you in the near future!