snack ideas

Options
kbenzacar
kbenzacar Posts: 13 Member
What are some good ideas for quick grab-and-go snacks? I always seem top eat a fruit with nuts or cheese or else veggies and hummus. Any ideas?

Replies

• Jess2748
    Jess2748 Posts: 7
    Options
    I generally stick with the good ol' boiled egg or some form of cracker with all natural peanut butter, but these are higher in fat snack, but they are healthier than naughty high processed snacks. Maybe also try air popped popcorn too. These are my go to snacks, besides almonds and fruit that is :)
  • Jess2748
    Jess2748 Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh and greek yogurt with flax seeds and chia as well :) Maybe a touch of honey
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like almonds or a greek yogurt.
  • mwery88
    mwery88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is a favorite of mine. Also Act II makes a nice, 94% fat-free brand that is pretty tasty. Otherwise, I try and grab a sweet piece of fruit or some veggies and hummus. Greek yogurt tends to keep me fuller for longer if I decide to go that route.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Low-fat yogurt. Greek is esp. good because it's higher in protein. Some fat is good because it makes you satisfied, which nonfat doesn't do so well.
    Hard boiled egg
    A piece of whole-grain bread with a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter, and a glass of milk
    A piece or two of deli meat (I like turkey) rolled with a slice of cheese
    A stick of cheese + 1 or 2 servings of Keebler pita chips
    A piece of swiss cheese
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Baby carrots, strips of bell pepper (I like red & yellow), florets of broccoli & cauliflower. (Take a tiny tupperware with some ranch dressing for dipping.)
    Olives

For fast but not so portable:
    A bowl of instant oatmeal with fruit &/or nuts
    Cottage cheese. Sometimes I like to stir in sunflower seeds.
    Pan-fried dumplings. Takes about 7 minutes, and the ones I buy are listed here as 8 pieces for 260 calories.
    A tortilla (relatively high in calories) with nonfat refried beans & 1/8 c of shredded cheddar, heated in the microwave, then topped with salsa & salad & rolled.
  • kbenzacar
    kbenzacar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone - these are great suggestions and I really appreciate the support!
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese (they sell individual cups)
    Larabar or Clif bar
    String cheese + almonds
    I know you said you already do veggies & hummus, but that's a favorite of mine
    Beef jerky
    Banana + peanut butter (they sell individual cups of pb)
    Trail mix
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This is not a healthy suggestion, but I really like flumps...30 calories!

Also quinoa crisps are addictive.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I like trail mix. I make it and bag it. Raisins, nuts, sunflower seeds, and maybe throw in a fruit like blueberries. A little salt if you don't get too much of it elsewhere. But it is a lot of calories, best to weigh and measure out each baggy.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This is not a healthy suggestion, but I really like flumps...30 calories!

Also quinoa crisps are addictive.

I just had some for the first time. I could eat the whole bag with no problem.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    A couple of sea salt crisps from Trader joes are the bomb!
    Apple Slices with Peanut Butter (and a little strawberry jelly mixed in)
    Pretzel with hummus
    the whole wheat flax 100 cal sandwich thins with some lettuce and tomato in it, its low cal.
    Freeze Dried Banana
    Banana Chips
    Kashi Cinnamon Cluster Cereal, Can mix some with a little popcorn in a baggie and yum!
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Which flavour? I've only ever tried sundried tomato and garlic, and hot and spicy!