The body test on wii

Options
Does anyone else find the BMI and weight to be very inaccurate? Is there a trick to making it work the right way?

Replies

• minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Are you using it on carpet? I've noticed that when my balance board was on carpet it was NEVER accurate. Now that I have it on a cement floor in the basement, it says almost exact what my scale in the bathroom says.
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks .. that is probably it. I dont have a room with a TV and no carpet. Will have to figure something out
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty accurate. I also use mine on hardwood floors. Is it conflicting with your scale? I don't have a scale, but I think I'm going to get one, because I too have wondered about the accuracy. Also, I don't like how the wii board says "Ohhh" every time I get on. I just go the wii fit plus for christmas, and I don't like how it is so discouraging. It's mean. lol
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    The balance board should have those little grey things you put under each corner. Those are supposed to used on carpet. try them out and see if it helps. I have hard wood so I never needed them.
  • minni2906
    Options
    The balance board should have those little grey things you put under each corner. Those are supposed to used on carpet. try them out and see if it helps. I have hard wood so I never needed them.

Indeed, the little feet that you can add to the balance board supposedly help accuracy on carpet, though I never used them on my carpet, so that I do not know.
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    I think it's pretty accurate. I also use mine on hardwood floors. Is it conflicting with your scale? I don't have a scale, but I think I'm going to get one, because I too have wondered about the accuracy. Also, I don't like how the wii board says "Ohhh" every time I get on. I just go the wii fit plus for christmas, and I don't like how it is so discouraging. It's mean. lol

I here ya ... I get the " thats obese" also mean. Will try the gray discs and also going to try a piece of clear hard plastic under it
  • minni2906
    Options

Wiifit plus is kinda degrading in some aspects. But, I like that I can make my own workout routine to target certain areas. So, it's got pros and cons...I just ignore the wiiboard on screen, hahaha.
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I notice an 8lb difference in my weight when I moved my wii fit from carpet to a hard floor. Also, I have recently learned that if you store your fit balance board on its end, it can cause it to be inaccurate over time.
  • minni2906
    Options
    I notice an 8lb difference in my weight when I moved my wii fit from carpet to a hard floor. Also, I have recently learned that if you store your fit balance board on it's end, it can cause it to be inaccurate over time.

The balance board actually warns you about that on screen at one point. But definitely, store your balance board FLAT!
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    Thanks Christy. I read that when I first got mine. Its been stored flat from day one. Although there is a 20LB difference between the bathroom scale and the wii. My Doc office scale broke the tie and is even with my bathroom scale
  • Nurse_Christy
    Options

It's also kinda harsh when I weigh and then my Mii blows up like the Goodyear Blimp!
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    yeah but imagine how could we will feel when it doesn't ... as much :D
  • Nurse_Christy
    Options
    [The balance board actually warns you about that on screen at one point. But definitely, store your balance board FLAT!

That was how I learned it! I used to stand mine on its end when not in use, now it sits under a table so it can be flat.
  • minni2906
    Options

It's also kinda harsh when I weigh and then my Mii blows up like the Goodyear Blimp!

Hahahaha. Yeah, and then your Mii looks down like WTF?! and shakes their head.
  • saranda73
    saranda73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the sound the Wii makes. It does nothing for self esteem. I joked that it should come with some kind of warning label about it! LOL
  • Nurse_Christy
    Options
    yeah but imagine how could we will feel when it doesn't ... as much :D

Amen! Actually, that was part of my inspiration to lose weight. My 8-year old daughter was watching me on the fit.She said,"Mama, your mii is so fat her belly sticks out from under her shirt!" Ouch.
  • Evermyre
    Options

Just an FYI. It doesn't say Ohhh because of your weight. It says that because of how you step on. If you step on so that your weight is evenly distributed in the center of that side it actually says "great!" I suppose it's to help you improve your balance or something.

I don't like how your mii blows up either though. Although because i'm so tall before it blows up my Mii just looks weird too. Ah well. I just keep plugging away!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble getting an accurate reading on carpet, put a board under the balance board. I had a shelf hanging out in the basement from an old bookshelf that was just the right size to go under all 4 feet without sticking out and tripping me up, and it worked wonders.