Chicken Noodle Casserole w/Ritz :o)

Options
TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
One night I was trying to make something for dinner and we hadn't been grocery shopping in a while. So this is what happened...and it is sooo tasty! A really good winter comfort food without being too high in calories!

20 oz or 5-7 pieces of Chicken Tenderloin - Boneless, Skinless
1 Cup Light Sour Cream
1 Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Mixed Vegetables
4 Cups Cooked Egg Noodles

First take a pot of water and get it boiling for your egg noodles.
Take the chicken and either pop them in the oven on a sheet with a little bit of garlic salt, pepper and parsley at 380 until they are done or if you are in a hurry, I place them in a skillet on the pan with a drop of olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and parsley until they are cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the rest of the ingredients: Soups, sour cream and veggies.
Place the noodles in the boiling waters. Egg noodles soften quickly!
When the chicken is done, take it and cut it up into small, bite site pieces and mix it into the soup mixture.
Drain the noodles when done and combine with mixture.
Place into a 9x13 Casserole dish or a high walled 9x9 dish.

If you choose to end the recipe there, which it is VERY tasty without the following step you are looking at 8 servings at 264 Calories a serving or bigger servings for 6 people at 352.

However the next part is absolutely amazing, tasty, delicious and worth the calories if you can spare them!

Take the skillet that you just made the chicken in and place 5-6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter. Next take 25-30 Reduced Fat Ritz crackers, crush them, and sprinkle them into the butter. You want the crackers to soak up the butter and basically be dry in the pan. If it take a couple of extra crackers, so be it.
Take the buttered ritz and sprinkle them across the top of your casserole and then place it in the oven at 380 for 30 minute or until cracker are browned.

With crackers and butter, serving 6 the calories are 524 and serving 8, 393. It is so delicious and just absolute comfort food without going too overboard! We always have leftovers and I've made it for quite a few family get togethers. People always ask for the recipe so I thought I would share it! I'm so excited to make it for dinner tomorrow night! :o)

Replies

• shastacrystal
    Options
    spray butter is a God's send for those of you that cant spare the caloreies. hee hee Sounds delicious Tara!
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    I always hear about spray butter on here and now I'm tempted to try it! It always frightened me before like...really? How could that taste good? But it gets rave reviews on this site so I gotta put it on my shopping list!
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Sounds yummy Bumpity Bump for winter :)
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm not sure where the spray butter comment came from - did I miss something?
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Bump! great timing for a cold weather meal!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I wish I could indulge, sounds amazing! I may save for later if I ever go back to eating regular carbs again.

As to the spray butter, it is a must! I sprayed it on toast, when I ate bread ;o), or open it and pour a bit onto veggies or in mashed potatoes, so delish. very lo-cal way to make garlic bread: One piece toast, spray butter, sprinkle a bit of garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. When my son asks for garlic bread, this is what he means. Big money saver as well. Ok, now I want spaghetti w/ garlic bread....
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    I wish I could indulge, sounds amazing! I may save for later if I ever go back to eating regular carbs again.

As to the spray butter, it is a must! I sprayed it on toast, when I ate bread ;o), or open it and pour a bit onto veggies or in mashed potatoes, so delish. very lo-cal way to make garlic bread: One piece toast, spray butter, sprinkle a bit of garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. When my son asks for garlic bread, this is what he means. Big money saver as well. Ok, now I want spaghetti w/ garlic bread....

Lol!!! That sounds amaaazing!!!! I am going to have to try that totally!!! My husband and son are garlic bread fiends so we go through it like crazy! This sounds waaay more economical! Thank you!
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I used to make chicken breasts stuffed with ritz crackers. You crumble the ritz crackers and saute them with a little butter and add a green onion to it. Take 4 chicken breasts and flatten them if you can and put some of the ritz mix in the center and roll them up. Put a little paprika on the chicken and volia.

I haven't made it in years but it sounds soooo good I may have to make it soon!!!!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    I used to make chicken breasts stuffed with ritz crackers. You crumble the ritz crackers and saute them with a little butter and add a green onion to it. Take 4 chicken breasts and flatten them if you can and put some of the ritz mix in the center and roll them up. Put a little paprika on the chicken and volia.

I haven't made it in years but it sounds soooo good I may have to make it soon!!!!

Anything with ritz and butter....I'm a fan! I actually sit and think of things that I can make it with! LOL! At Christmas I made green bean casserole and instead of putting the french's onions on top...I put buttered ritz. HOLY moly....sooooo good!
  • sunnyand71
    sunnyand71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This sounds good.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    I made this last night and it's AMAZING!!!! Thanks so much for posting it :tongue:
  • kim0913
    kim0913 Posts: 51
    Options
    sounds great!!
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I'm going to have to try it, sounds good!
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    I made this last night and it's AMAZING!!!! Thanks so much for posting it :tongue:

Omg I'm so glad you liked it!!!! :o) Now I know the people I make it for aren't just saying they like it to make me happy! :laugh: :wink: