TapOut XT.. questions for anyone who has done it!

Options
I am on week three of Tap Out and I am hoping someone else has done it! I absolutely love it... but am wondering if someone else has logged it as exercise? If so.... what do you log it as? I looked through the database and couldn't decide what to put it as.... Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks!!
:smile:

Replies

• anthonyhuerta3
    Options
    This is how I added Tapout XT calories burned per exercise:

Each day, I would complete an exercise and track how many calories burned using a combination of heart rate/energy monitor.

Then I looked at averages from others and also averages from other circuit exercises, cardio etc.

From there I used average/est guidelines - ex. "Plyo XT" Between 400-500 cals burned.

So I just used the "Add Exercise" option in my iPhone app - you can do this online too.

Posted the name of the workout, "Tapout XT - Plyo XT" put it under cardio and put 450 cals burned (it's a rough estimate and I'm sure you'll burn plenty more as you bump up the fitness"

I do this for all the different types of workouts and go from there. You can always break things up too - using HIIT or intervals as a guideline for cals burned.

In all honesty, we won't TRULY know the amount of calories burned but from here you can use your own "estimated" cals burned.

Hope this helps and keep pushinnnnnn! :)
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Tapout now too.. love it!

I found it easier to just calculate my calories using the TDEE method: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ This way, you build in your typical weekly exercise/activity into the calories you eat. So you don't "eat back" calories at all or have to estimate the calories burned per each workout.

Then, I log all of my workouts as 1 calorie (I still like to have a record of them in my calendar). I had previously been using a heart rate monitor to estimate my calories burned, but it's hard to know if that was accurate anyway, as they are most accurate for steady state cardio. The way I see it, any estimate of calories is going to be simply that - an estimate. So, using TDEE makes the whole process simpler IMO.

Hope this helps... if you have any questions, I'm happy to try and answer them.