Shrinking size - should I buy new clothes for temporary use?

Options
124»

Replies

• Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? In europe we have primark and they have some pretty cheap stuff there!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    when i go through that in between phase i sometimes go to the AmVets or Salvation Army and try to find a few things to get me through. You can also go to a Walmart and get some work out clothes less expensive than the mall.
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? In europe we have primark and they have some pretty cheap stuff there!

'Primarni' is my new best friend. H&M also do some good cheap stuff. I also find Dorothy Perkins good for work stuff and the supermarkets get some good underwear in.

I'm really grateful for the British High Street, its meant i can still buy good, well fitting clothes without spending a fortune
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are your friends. I have found some decent gym clothes here and there, too. I draw the line at tennis shoes unless they still have a tag, and I don't buy bras or underwear used, but everything else is fair game.

This, though moreso for work wear while at the temporary sizes... Just got a few shirts and a pair of pants. For gym clothes, I basically live in super baggy shirts and made sure to buy pants/shorts with drawstrings so I can keep tightening them. If it's too late for that (this was something I found out the hard way, lol) then just buy a few pairs of pants that fit now but have drawstrings. Those are worth the investment.
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to buy a couple of new things to make you feel beautiful and look good, but I've been shopping thrift stores. If you're willing to put in the time you can get some great finds for very little money. I've found Lerner New York jeans for $0.50 that still had the tag on them because they were running a special. And a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jean that looked they they were worn once for $12. It's like treasure hunting. Most of my wardrobe these days is from Salvation Army. And the money you spend there goes to a good cause.