Weight problems scales ....

Options
So according to my scales i have lost 7lbs, However at the doctors i have only lost 2lbs ... granted that the scales i was weighed on are different from the starting scales 4 weeks ago....

Could i have lost only 2lbs, which scales should i go with ? Ive always logged my weight with home scales even when i was 16 stone .... Should i continue to believe in my self and my scales or go with the doctors??

I know at least im going down but rather annoying...

Replies

• candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    We're you wearing more clothes at the doctors?
  • minibandit
    minibandit Posts: 77
    Options
    If you weigh yourself first thing you will always be lighter than later in the day.

Coffee, brekkie and clothes will add weight.
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not that the scales really matter BUT you probably weigh on your scales early and by the time you are at the doctors its later in the day. Weigh yourself the same time everyday on your scales . One bad weigh in at the doctors doesn't discount what you have seen. At 7 lbs you should be noticing clothes fitting looser etc. :smile:
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Always use the same scale - and make that the one that counts. So many things can make a difference (is the scale level? are you wearing clothes/different clothes/shoes/no shoes etc)

I have had weight difference of up to 8 lbs between my scale home (no clothes) and Dr's scale (clothes, shoes etc).
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    btw can I just say - I love MFP and that we have friends from around the world. I just LOVE the word Brekkie. Always makes me smile. lol
  • lshand28
    lshand28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I weighted my self before i left and i was up around 6 lbs ..... Im just going to go with my weight at home - ive only started weighing at the docs in the last month so i wont change what ive not ever done!!

Im happy with my changes and its the first time in a while that ive seen the weight loss even though ive been working really hard ....
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Your weight will vary based on a number of things like the difference in scales, clothes vs. no clothes, body fluctuations, etc. I will stick to my scale and allow my doctor to stick to hers.