Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thinking of switching to fitbit

Mfp is not very accessible to my when it comes to anything other than logging because I usually do not have access to a computer and it constantly crashes on my phone. Fitbit would just be simpler for me. Has anyone used the app (I just recently got it) and found that it works well?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I use fitbit to track activity, MFP to track food. To me it's not an either/or as I use them both simultaneously.
  • expoduck
    expoduck Posts: 59
    I <3 my Fitbit, but I would be lost without MFP.
    I use both.
  • wennajo
    wennajo Posts: 10 Member
    Agreed! I use both and they compliment each other perfectly. I usually use the Fitbit app once or twice a day to sync up BUT it is always worth going online to the dashboard a few times a week, it's a really user-friendly interface and it just gives you so much more info online. I don't go on everyday or I'd end up glued to the computer but it is definitely nice to check it once or twice a week.
  • I like the fitbit app and website. The reason I use mfp is for the community, and that "if you ate like this for 5 weeks you would weigh XXXlbs" The fitbit cal count works just fine, and has similar exercise adjustments to MFP. I like that though. Plus theres a widget that you can use with fitbit too. :-) good luck!

(PS. I love my fitbit, but there was a recall on the bracelet version, in case you hadn't heard about it)
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
    I use both. MFP has a better food logging data base and if you are social the interaction with the MFP community is wonderful.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    I use fitbit to track activity, MFP to track food. To me it's not an either/or as I use them both simultaneously.

This
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member

This
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    The Fitbit food database is very limited compared to here and there is no recipe tool. But if you get all your food in there, it's do-able. The software also tends to be buggy sometimes.