What's a healthy/normal portion of potatoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I just eat a large potato / medium potato. I don't really think the size matters as far as a healthy / normal portion of potatoes, but it matters what you're doing to burn it off, if it fits into your macros, and how many condiments you put on it that you may or may not track. I personally just like having a nice baked potato with homemade garlic / chive sour cream. Maybe some butter if I'm feeling frisky

The way I think about it, with my macros, a normal split of calories to carbs is about 150-240 calories for grains / pasta per portion. It may be a little off with potatoes but if its around those calorie ranges I think you're in a good spot (if it fits your macros of course)
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This site is very helpful. USDA foodsearch. http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

ETA: It's not going to tell you how many potatoes to eat, though. My baked potatoes are usually about 200g.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Need to know your stats to give you an answer...
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't ,atter how many potatoes you eat, as long as you cut them up, pour equal volume of butter overtop and mash it all together. This will balance out your macros.
  • Gimpypal
    Gimpypal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If part of a meal, I generally use 1/2 cup or 100 grams as a serving size.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Usually for me it is a plate full :blushing: