A little scared to start!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a 40 year old mom of three kidlets...ages 4, 2, and NB. I am currently finishing another round of grad school to get my Educational Administration license. I am scared to add yet another thing onto my plate but NEED to. I am looking for support and encouragement. I am totally new to this and need a little help with my journey.
Thanks all!

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Father of 2 young kids, wife and I both have high stress jobs, activities, responsibilities, etc. BUT - the "NEED to" has to be stronger than the fear. I had to literally just take it in small blocks until it became a routine and I settled in to this being a normal part of my life. And be easy on yourself. Give yourself the time to do it right and the space to make a few mistakes. Before you know it you'll be well into the process and excited about your progress.
  • amcampbell2342
    amcampbell2342 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Key to being successful is planning ahead and meal preps! feel free to add me! Good luck
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice!!
  • NeedToGetFAB
    NeedToGetFAB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know life is the biggest obstacle for most but we need to make time for ourselves. Great advice. :)
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Father of 2 young kids, wife and I both have high stress jobs, activities, responsibilities, etc. BUT - the "NEED to" has to be stronger than the fear. I had to literally just take it in small blocks until it became a routine and I settled in to this being a normal part of my life. And be easy on yourself. Give yourself the time to do it right and the space to make a few mistakes. Before you know it you'll be well into the process and excited about your progress.

Awesome advice!!
  • Paulglee72
    Paulglee72 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi there. How are you? You seem to be very well motivated from what you"ve written so i doubt you"ll have any problems getting started. Best of luck with it and don"t worry you"ll do great. Paul.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    - the "NEED to" has to be stronger than the fear. And be easy on yourself. Give yourself the time to do it right and the space to make a few mistakes. Before you know it you'll be well into the process and excited about your progress.

^^This^^

It's really hard with young kiddos to find the time to exercise, cook healthy meals, ect. I do good most days but do not beat myself up on those days that are just crap. They happen and I move on. Friend me if you want. Good Luck!
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a full time working mother of 4 daughters! I juggle work, gym and kids. It can be difficult, but it is possible!

Feel free to add me! I'm always welcoming new friends! There's never too much motivation to help you along your way!

:flowerforyou:
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    IF you are thinking about it i believe you are ready!.....being as busy as you will be, you wont have time to eat......just eat right when you do. You have the strengh and desire, just take the leap.....dont have to do it in the short term, take your time and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel....good luck
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a full time working mother of 4 daughters! I juggle work, gym and kids. It can be difficult, but it is possible!

Feel free to add me! I'm always welcoming new friends! There's never too much motivation to help you along your way!

:flowerforyou:

Four boys here! Good luck to you!