5'0'' with 20 lbs to lose

Options
valleemic
valleemic Posts: 103 Member
Hi (again) everyone! Together with MFP and Weight Watchers, I lost 40 lbs back in 2011-2012. Unfortunately, over the last year and a half, I let 20 lbs creep back on! I'm back! Looking for short ladies like me who want to support each other!

HW: 161.3 (Sept. 2011)
CW: 140.6 (July 2014)
GW: 120 (Hopefully by Christmas or before)

Replies

• sarahmchenry
    Options
    Hi valleemic, I'm 5'1" and have about 30 pounds to lose. I was really good about food and exercise and lost 20 pounds but have gained it all back when I got lazy and bored with my workouts. It's nice to see someone else on here that's as short as I am. What kind of workouts are you doing now?
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I am Jenn. I am 5'1 and I am stuck at 135. I am eating completly clean this week in an effort to restart my metabolism. I am down from 147 last year so that is good and I was 171 when I had my daughter two years ago. She just turned 2. My goal is also 120.
  • Avienda555
    Avienda555 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 which I round to 5'3" and I have 50lbs to lose.

I've also been successful previously and then let my bad habits creep back in. I was down to 130lbs (my goal weight) in 2006 and between getting more into my career and having two kids, I've totally let myself go.

The good news is that we know HOW to do the weightloss thing... Bad news is sticking to it?

Anyhow, best of luck. I'll friend you!
  • Lalalife
    Lalalife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a curvy 5'2" and stuck at 137. Would love to be 125. Been running and circuit training, but I need to start tracking my food more closely and watching my wine intake. ;)
  • valleemic
    Options
    Hi valleemic, I'm 5'1" and have about 30 pounds to lose. I was really good about food and exercise and lost 20 pounds but have gained it all back when I got lazy and bored with my workouts. It's nice to see someone else on here that's as short as I am. What kind of workouts are you doing now?

Hi Sarah,
    Funny you should say you get bored with workouts because that's my problem too when it comes to exercising). I did a CrossFit workout yesterday (circuit training) and it sure did kick my butt. I did a slight jog today. I'm joining the YMCA today where there's lots of variety for classes, machines and even swimming!
  • BlueDaisy717
    BlueDaisy717 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey im 5'2.5 which I also round to 5'3 lol
    Im 139 pounds wanting to get down to 120 by
    around the end of the year aswell :)
  • werdnek
    werdnek Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    go to the Sparks diary counter - I bet you are allowed up to 1600 calories a day. But I do prefer myfitness pal. It is more user friendly and I can track fitness as well. But over the long haul - a realistic way of eating - rather than "diet' to get to your weight lost - denial etc. I find simply tracking what I eat - not excluding junk food - leaves me averaging 1400 calories a day. It fluctuates day to day which is normal day to day eating. In two weeks I lost 1.5 lbs. So this sounds pretty normal to me. However, fitness pal did assign 1200 calories a day to me. I also am slowing incorporating fitness which makes fitness pal increase there associated calories

I hope you adopt some life long eating patterns - not the quick and dirty weight loss journey.
  • sarahmchenry
    Options
    Yay! I'm so excited we are all finding each other.
  • aranhe
    aranhe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi valleemic. I'm 5' nothing and struggle to lose weight and keep it off. It's even harder now I'm 52. It's crept on gradually over the years. I started putting on weight in my thirties and reached 146lb. Then, in my mid thirties, 15 years ago, via Slimming World, I got down to 132lb and looked good. However, since then I've crept up to (on the 1st July) a massive 185lb. I decided enough was enough and am now focussing hard. In the last seven days I've lost 4lb, but a long way to go.

Being small we need fewer calories to maintain, so exercise seems to be the only way to lose a lot of weight in a healthy way. Even at 1200 calories a day, I'm only going to lose 1lb a week if I'm lucky, and we all know that weight loss slows as a diet continues.

Happy to support fellow shorties!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" - can I join you? :tongue: I am 104 & have 4 more to go.... very frustrating!
  • sarahmchenry
    Options
    I have to admit I have often wondered about CrossFit, I get nervous about hearing about all the injuries there though. I've seen some amazing results from my friends doing it though.
  • sarahmchenry
    Options

Hi Sarah,
    Funny you should say you get bored with workouts because that's my problem too when it comes to exercising). I did a CrossFit workout yesterday (circuit training) and it sure did kick my butt. I did a slight jog today. I'm joining the YMCA today where there's lots of variety for classes, machines and even swimming!

I have to admit I have often wondered about CrossFit, I get nervous about hearing about all the injuries there though. I've seen some amazing results from my friends doing it though. Sorry still getting used to replying on these things.
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, In Marji and I'm starting my serious weight loss goals. I've always wanted to lose weight but didn't have much drive until recently. I am 5'6" and I would like to lose almost 100 lbs. I know this is going to take time and honestly I am nervous about the journey. I hope to keep the strive and would love to meet more people with common goals and can be mutually supportive. I have a couple friends that are also changing habits and my boyfriend is supportive of my choices but I would like to communicate with more people in a similar position as me. I'm open to messages and hope to hear from some of you soon. :smile:
  • valleemic
    Options
    Sarah - I can't say I loved that Crossfit workout yesterday! It was HARD! But, I'm out of shape so anything is going to be hard, I suppose. I have been fit before and even at my fittest, those are not the types of workouts I enjoy. I rather cardio classes with core/ab work outs BUT, as I get older, I do realize strength training is VERY important!! Not sure where I'm going with this but I figure, for now, as long as I'm moving, I'm doing better than before :)
  • fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and I also let myself slide after losing 50 lbs on WW about 10 years ago. I also wanted to lose about 20 lbs. I started doing WW online and lost weight the first few weeks and then kept going up and down about 0.4 lbs then I found out about MFP and started eating at the recommended 1200 calories and started losing again. I plateaued for a few weeks a few weeks ago and used one of the other BMR calculators and increased my calories to 1500 and started losing again. Good luck on your journey!
  • fatbegone85
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4'11. I have 90lbs to lose. The unfortunately thing about being short is that every pound stands out. Bleh. Taller people have a lot more space to distribute it over. Feel free to add me (and anyone else as well!).
  • katbean12
    katbean12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Adding you..
    I am back (again) too. Did well with MFP and regular excercises but got a new job and became so busy that my progress reversed- so here we go again.

age- 32
    height - 5'0"
    weight - 118

would like to get to 100 lbs or so.
  • vbdybel10
    vbdybel10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also am "vertically challenged" - 5 feet , 1/4 inch tall (yes - I count the 1/4 inch) and am currently at 127 pounds. I want to be in the 105-108 range with a BMI of 17-19.

I am eating clean starting today to ump start my metabolism and I work out with a trainer two nights a week. My problem is the other 5 days I would prefer to NOT work out. I need someone to kick my butt and get me moving those days.

Glad to know there are so many of us out there!! Happy to help and support...:smile:
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I'm 4'9". I have lost 31 pounds and have 86 more to go.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 5'2" with 34 lbs to lose. Went from 168 lbs to 143 in 2010/2011 and gradually put most of it back on. I am currently 160 lbs and my goal weight is 126. I am currently doing couch to 10K and stronglifts 5x5. Always looking for more MFP friends so anyone can add me.