One Healthy Food You Don't Like ?

Options

Replies

• Int3rceptor
    Int3rceptor Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bananas! Don't mind the taste but absolutely hate the texture and mushiness!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Beets. Yuck!
    Not happy about bell peppers lately.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Tofu, no matter how you cook it tastes like scrambled egg. I prefer my scrambled egg to be you know....a scrambled egg.

Quinoa, the pretentious mans rice.

Coconut water tastes like bad breath and foot sweat.
    i support this post- and I would add
    kale- it's like left over garnish that people claim is awesome. tastes like bitter balonge or something- i don't know- it's gross. And awful.
  • DaboGirlNB
    DaboGirlNB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kale. Blech.
  • rsandem
    rsandem Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Parsnips - nasty roots that taste like dirt. I love almost any other veggie, though.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Liver.

Doctor said I should eat it for it's iron content. NOPE.
    I will eat steak though... heh heh
  • Gimpypal
    Gimpypal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think I like just about everything mentioned that they hate...but I can't stand LIVER....makes me want to puke thinking about it...calf liver, chicken livers, etc. I'll eat gizzards, potted meat, but not liver.
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry there is no food I won't eat.
  • dc1745
    dc1745 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't like onions.
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    yogurt
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I've eaten insects, live fishes, frog skin, and many other strange gross things out there but none of it can compare to the raw celery. I hate celery. :/ If you hide it in other food or in soup, I'm okay with that but by itself?! Ew.
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    Bananas! Don't mind the taste but absolutely hate the texture and mushiness!

I can't stand a mushy banana. They have to be just a smidge still green on the ends and I'll eat them, but once they get further than that, I'm out. Luckily, my mother works at a nursing home, so if I have 'naners that are too ripe for my tastes, I just give them to her to take to work. The old folks love 'em!

Also, kale. Kale. A thousand times kale. Bleeeeccccch!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Kale and chia seeds. The latter always get stuck in my teeth and gross me out when they turn into that gel-like mush.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Those shiritake noodles. The texture made me want to hurl.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    "healthy" cereal. I don't love sugary kiddie cereals either, but something like plain bran or even Cheerio's is like eating a cardboard box to me. Ugh.

Tomatoes are another one...I actually love tomato based sauces and soups, and finely chopped tomatoes like in pico de gallo. But a big garden fresh slice of tomato dripping with "guts" and seeds on a sandwich will cause me to run far away...so gross to me. I also will not eat cherry tomatoes in a salad.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Melons, like watermelon and cantaloupes. I don't get the appeal.
    Every year I try them again to see if my taste buds have changed and so far, nope.
    I'm more of a berry girl.

I will pretty much try anything else at least one time. :drinker:
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms or fish. I'll try them ones in a while, just to see if my taste changed, it hasn't yet.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Salmon and milk
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    "healthy" cereal. I don't love sugary kiddie cereals either, but something like plain bran or even Cheerio's is like eating a cardboard box to me. Ugh.

Tomatoes are another one...I actually love tomato based sauces and soups, and finely chopped tomatoes like in pico de gallo. But a big garden fresh slice of tomato dripping with "guts" and seeds on a sandwich will cause me to run far away...so gross to me. I also will not eat cherry tomatoes in a salad.

Good, I thought it was just me. Love tomato based almost anything, can't stand tomato guts.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Soy milk, oatmeal, tofu :sick: