Mid 40's and overweight - Need Willpower!!!!!!

Options
Hi all.

I'm 44 years old, about 55-60 lbs overweight and sick and tired of it.

My main problem is that I have no willpower AT ALL. If there are treats at work - cookies, brownies...I'm on them like white on rice.

I know I should't but for some reason I am always compelled to go after them. Does anyone else do this? How do you get past it?

Replies

• eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You eat them and log them, you learn to fit them into your daily calories. You should not deprive yourself of things you never want to give up. It will only make it worse to say no.
  • chilledbeast
    chilledbeast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you like the instant gratification, rather than possessing the ability to wait to see progress days/weeks/months down the line.

Until you can acknowledge why you want to change and why it is important to you, you will not change.

Figure out what you want and change will come easily. It took me a while to get there too, so all is not lost.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Try chewing really minty gum. It changes the flavor of other foods & can make them less appealing. Other things that have worked for me are making sure that I brush my teeth after each meal, making me less inclined to snag random bites and also applying lip gloss before heading to the break room. Silly little things, but they work!
  • ballare
    ballare Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, until recently I started working with a nutritionist and did a 21 day cleanse. It started with 3 days of green smoothies, then went to one smoothie a day and healing soups and salads for 18 days. No wheat/gluten, dairy, red meat, eggs, caffeine or sugar. Now I am gradually adding these foods back in to see if I have any food sensativities. I can say whole heartedly that I don't have the same cravings I had before. I have lost 7 lbs, and now have returned to MFP to help me with journaling my food/exercise so that I can continue on my weight loss path. I highly recommend it!