Soreness poll

Options
I'm sore all over so I'm thinking about being sore. I'm kind of curious about other people's patterns of being sore. For me, if I workout day 1, then I ache the morning of day 2, but it gets much better if I exercise day 2 and the soreness on day 3 will be less than on day 2. Or if I skip the exercise on day 2, then the aches mostly go away by day 3. Make sense so far? For the same workout on day 1, my boyfriend wouldn't feel the soreness until day 3 but it seems to hit pretty hard and persists on day 4.

So my question for you is, how do you ache? =P And I'm talking about the good kind of soreness from a good workout and tired muscles, not the kind where you've torn/pulled something or overstressed a previously injured muscle.

Replies

• lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    I ache the very next day....depending on how hard i work, day 2 would be worse...Like this morning, my arms were soooo sore...i droped my dogs food bowl with all his food in it because i couldnt feel my arms..LOLOLOL
  • sweetrayah21
    Options
    Well my aches ache, but it feels good at the same time. Like a hurty feel good LOL. Thats what I call them. Ive been working out for a week now and havent ached, until last night when I saw a personal trainer and now my legs are aching so bad, and for some stupid reason i decided to wear heels to work today. But the soreness reassures me that I had a great workout last night, so I dont mind it. The morning of day 2 is usually the worst, right after i wake up and my muscles have been chilling while ive been asleep.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I definitely get DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), but it is lessened by the BCAA's and glutamine I take. Stiff after working out. OK the next day. SORE for the next 2 days and fading after that.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day three is the day I am usualy sore if I bumped up the resistance or did more than usual.
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    something i do after i workout is take about a 20-30 minute super hot bath within an hour after exercising. i seem to get sore toward the end of my runs for some reason. it may be the cold weather though. it seems like after i take a bath almost all my soreness goes away. not sure if its recomended, but it works for me
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Kjcamaro that's interesting. I don't tend to remember to do that until I'm sore the next day, then I take a hot shower/bath to loosen the aches so I can move properly. I wonder if it also works in the sauna/steamroom for right after the workout since we have one at my gym.