walden farms- zero cal dressings?

Options
so i was in the health food staor the other day buying veggies and just kind of browsing some stuff and i ran across this. i got the sundried tomato one and it was freaking delicious and somehow it had no calories, no fat, no sugar or anything. just some sodium but that was it... they had all different ones too... bacon ranch, regular ranch ceasar.. all kinds

anyone know how this works?? it just seems too good to be true

Replies

• karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found the blue cheese one and it was soooo good! The peanut buttter, however, is disgusting!
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    wow, i mispelled the crap out of store...
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    ive never really liked bleu cheese but i am definately going to try some of the other ones.. the store i found had a whole shelf of different flavors... do you know the science behind it though?? i just dont get it
  • starlitesue
    Options
    Wow that's crazy! I looked up the nutrition information, to see what's in it, and it's mostly natural foods:

http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

But does anyone know what "cellulose gel" is?

Thanks for posting this I'm going to go find me some.
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    for sure!! no problem!

you wont be disappointed. i was shocked on how good and decently priced they were... the one i got was only 3 bucks!!! thats less that most of the "non-good for you" salad dressings!
  • starlitesue
    Options
    As to how it works: most of those ingredients have very very few calories per serving (vinegar, spices). So one serving of the dressing has "0" calories. You'll notice that it says it does contain trace calories.

So if you eat one serving, that's basically no calories. But if you drank the bottle you'd be consuming a few calories.
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    hmm... thats pretty interesting. any guesses as to how many would be in something like maybe 2-4 servings?? it cant be THAT much considering that the make the claim that uts zero.. i hope you can find some of this product and tell me what you think.
  • starlitesue
    Options
    My assumption is that in order to say 0 calories it has to round to zero, so the actual calorie content in a serving is less than .5. So 2 servings would be about 1 calorie etc. It certainly won't break your calories for the day, but it does explain why it says 0 calories.
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds too good to be true. It is so hard to find a low calorie dressing that actually tastes good. I can't wait to try it!
  • karaokeqt
    karaokeqt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the blue cheese dressing and it is great. I also bought the peanut butter...it is kinda strange. It is not peanut butter but if you want something to replace it...I think the different taste is worth the 0 calories. I use it in my celery and to dip my apples in.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I found the Chocolate Syrup at my local supermarket..fat free, sugar free, calorie free, carb free...
    Dipped some apples in it..
    Deelish!
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    So i tried some more of the walden farms products. The caesar dressing was ok, but it was rather this and soupy. I guess that is to be expected for a calorie free "creamy" dressing. The regular italian was good. And then there is the peanut butter... It is super weird. Its definitely not peanut butter that's for sure. It has a really weird texture that makes it seem more like a peanut butter flavored mouse kind of thing. I found it a bit too sweet in my opinion, but I don't care for sweet food.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!! There is a store near me that has it and anything that is 'zero' calories might be good as a substitute. I'm going to try some of them. Which items have you each tried and which were worth it? I have tried another good 'low calorie' dressing that tastes good. Kraft Zesty fat free Italian. My only issue is the sodium.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I went to their site and ordered $50 worth of stuff AND I found an online coupon promotion buy 5 get 5 free! Awesome deal, so it was only like $24.95 plus $8.95 for S/H. I bought the thousand island, buttermilk ranch and chipolte ranch as well as chocolate, caramel and ranch dip, oh and the chocolate syrup and mayonaise! I so can't wait to try these...I sure hope they are good. Do you know how many calories you can save on just the mayonaise alone? So cool. just hope I like it. If you want to use the coupon, just type in walden Farms online promotions and it should come up. The code is ww-q111-05 if you want it. Seems it was a little pricey, $ 4.99 for each item but I figured if it's going to help me to stay on a healthy eating plan and save me some calories then it's worth it's weight in gold! I'm glad I found the online coupon! Next I'm going to try the Miracle Noodles with NO calories. Thanks again so much for this awesome tip!!!!!!!
    Denise