Pita Pizza Question

Options
Okay so I have everything for Pita Pizza's except the cheese, I would like to have cheese but it's not really a deal breaker. Just wondering what would be the best low-fat low sodium cheese that I could find that would be good for this?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    As a cheese-hating person/household I say AVOID IT esp since its not a deal-breaker for you ;) It's just extra cals and fat and it’s the sauce and veggies that taste soooooooooooo good!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Fat free cheese doesn't melt right for pizza, it tastes like plastic. If you want to add cheese, I would go with 2% milkfat cheese, It's less calories, and fat, than regular cheese, but it still melts like regular cheese.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    how can you hate cheese?!?...i can hardly type that! lol...cheese is my weakness. I've been using heb's reduced fat cheese in various flavors...they are pretty good but I dont know the sodium off hand.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sargento makes reduced sodium mozzarella, which doesn't have as much fat as other cheeses anyway, but I don't think they have both low fat and low sodium in one.
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Interesting question...just googled it and mozzerella (part skim) is 150 mg...not too bad. Whole milk mozzerella is lower in sodium (106 mg) but higher in fat and calories. Mozzerella was the lowest sodium cheese of the ones I looked up. My favorite on pita pizzas is feta cheese but it is a little higher...316 mg. Enjoy!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    check out some vegan cheese shreds - they are usually healthier and melted on stuff they are pretty ok.

(to be honest, even though I am a vegetarian, I just loves me some whole-fat real cheese, lol - its my absolute weakness!)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Laughing Cow cheese? One wedge has only 35 calories, and for me, one wedge is A LOT!

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/products/light-garlic-original/
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Pizza without cheese would be a deal breaker for me.

I mix a little mozzarella with fat free cheddar.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    how can you hate cheese?!?...i can hardly type that! lol...cheese is my weakness. I've been using heb's reduced fat cheese in various flavors...they are pretty good but I dont know the sodium off hand.

LMAO, I so agree. Didn't know there was cheese haters? lol Wonder if it's a love/hate thing, like the one I have going with Jillian Michaels right now?
  • Ya I think I am going to forgo the cheese, I got turkey pepperoni, onions, spinach, mushrooms, tomato :D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can just use it to sprinkle (like 1/2 a serving as a garnish) instead of using a full serving or more as a main part of the pizza...