Anyone started P90X3 recently?

Options
Dregg
Dregg Posts: 66 Member
I just started yesterday after finishing T25. So far the first two workouts went rather well. Total Synergistics was a blast, Agility X was good, but I didn't know the moves initially. I expect a better workout next week. Just finished 10 weeks of T25, took last week off to recover.

Feel free to add me to discuss P90X3 or T25.

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Just started P90X3 on Monday 07-29-14, coming off from Body Beast. Quite a change here, not real sure how I feel about it.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Beta series of Focus T25. Will be getting at the X3 in the fall. Can't wait. I haven't been rockin' with Tony in a while! LOL
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Gamma cycle of T25 and considering P90x3 afterwards. My only concern is the pull up work...is there an alternative? I live in a loft--only two doorways...the outside and the bathroom (which is in an awkward place and not situated for a workout).

Do you like it?
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are thinking about starting P90X3 soon. Where did you guys buy the program, and how much did you pay? Have you been following the meal plan?
  • KaylaMack0215
    KaylaMack0215 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of it and love it! I wish the nutrition guide had recipes like the original one... Although in the long run it's better switch up the foods but I just can't think for myself when it comes to meals...
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I also didn't want to put in a pull up bar, some programs like T25 will show someone doing an alternative but I heard Tony doesn't.
    I also wondered about the cardio? Is it mostly strength?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I also didn't want to put in a pull up bar, some programs like T25 will show someone doing an alternative but I heard Tony doesn't.
    I also wondered about the cardio? Is it mostly strength?

you can modify all the moves with bands
  • JHahn7837
    JHahn7837 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finished X3 about 45 days ago. I ended up liking it a lot. You will have a better time once you get the moves down. I would like to start another round this fall. It's a good mix of a lot of different forms of training.
  • kel7298
    Options
    After 1 week here are my thoughts.

Love the 30 min workouts (I had read Phase 1 focuses more on cardio and it does)
    I use the bands for modified pull ups and chin ups (and Tony doesn't yell at me when I do)
    Definitely miss lifting weights (I have incorporated Body Beast Total Body into the mix to sub for DynamiX)
    As for the moves, I do my best and forget the rest.
  • TattooedDad1986
    Options
    I finished block 1 of X3 3 days ago. Im really enjoying it. Some workouts aren't that great but I give them my all even if I dont really care for them. In block one I lost 9 lbs and 4.25 inches in total.
  • kel7298
    Options
    <
    as you can see P90X3 is now on the back burner for at least 6 weeks..urgh! I was really starting to enjoy it too. :grumble:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I missed Total Syn, on Monday b/c I went to church. But I plan to make that up tonight. I did T25, and just finished Insanity last week.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm in the second month/block. I did a round several months ago, but it was a little half-hearted as I was just adjusting to life with newborn twins. This time, I've gotten the hang of things as a stay at home dad. I did a round of T25 and now I'm back in on P90X3.

The workouts are good and many of the moves are challenging. I use a pull up bar since I have an exercise room. They do show you the option of using bands. The modifications aren't shown as much though compared to previous programs. Still, I think it is a sold program.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are thinking about starting P90X3 soon. Where did you guys buy the program, and how much did you pay? Have you been following the meal plan?

I'm sure you'll get a ton of messages from coaches looking to sell you the program. I did buy mine from Beachbody. I just don't trust the gray market when it comes to quality. The discs do get used a lot, so they are bound to eventually stop working. If that happens, you can get a free replacement from Beachbody. I don't recall my purchase price though.

I don't follow the meal plan. I'm a pretty good cook, watch way too many cooking shows and use MFP to track my calories and ratios. I know what is good for me and what I could be eating.
  • nikkilooloo99
    nikkilooloo99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    <
    as you can see P90X3 is now on the back burner for at least 6 weeks..urgh! I was really starting to enjoy it too. :grumble:

BOO!! What a bummer! I hope you feel better soon!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've done workouts from both T25 and P90X3.........both are awesome programs and awesome burns.
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did t25 including gamma then moved to p90 x3. I love it. Started with bands with door anchor for pull ups and went to pull ups during second month. I am using the chair to modify. Really love the p90x3 workouts.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought the p90x3 workout as soon as it came out. He is halfway through his second cycle (so day 135 ish I guess?) and loves it! I hurt my lower back during Agility X around day 75... I just can't do the intense jumps they have you do at the very end of the workout. Besides that though, we both love it. While I didn't notice a ton of weight loss (it has been summer and we have probably been drinking too much at the lake every weekend) I have noticed that my upper body strength has improved greatly and he has become much more defined in his arms back and chest.
    On "The Challenge" days I go to the gym and use the pull-up assist machine there and have noticed that, while I am still not able to do any pull ups all on my own, I can now pull up about 90% of my weight, whereas when I started I could only do about 50%, so that's been a fantastic improvement. I am also a runner and have noticed that my speed has increased naturally, just from my legs being stronger in new ways (I usually focus more on distance than speed).

In conclusion, I am re-starting it, as of yesterday, but taking it easy on some of the plyo exercises that might re-injure my lower back. Additionally I have been running a few days a week to keep my endurance up.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Also posted this in the P90X3 group.

Finished Power 90 a week ago.

Starting P90X3 tomorrow.

Any friends doing P90X3 would be great!! From watching the first I think I'm going to need all the support I can get. :-) :-)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Also posted this in the P90X3 group.

Finished Power 90 a week ago.

Starting P90X3 tomorrow.

Any friends doing P90X3 would be great!! From watching the first I think I'm going to need all the support I can get. :-) :-)

How did your first few days go?

I'm currently in transition week, and it's a nice change of pace.