Vegetarian Snack Suggestions for a Newbie

Options
HP921
HP921 Posts: 11 Member
Hey y'all! I am new here and am looking for some food ideas. I use to eat fruits for snacks but realized that its a lot of carbs (minus berries). Any suggestions on what I can munch on for a snack that doesn't involve meat. Carrots and Hummus sounds yummy. What else would y'all suggest?

Replies

• ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    Options
    Sugar snap peas are great for snacking. Greek yogurt is another go-to for me, but they can be high in sugar. I also tend to reach for snacky foods like Skinny Pop popcorn, Veggie Chips and gluten free pretzels when I'm really craving something salty.
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    MrsHollingsworthThomas Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Granola
    Nuts
    Dried fruit (no added sugar)
    (or maybe some trail mix; make your own if you have nuts & dried fruits)
    Pop Corners (pop corn chips)
    Popcorn (100-calorie bags)
    Try some broccoli & cucumbers with those carrots
    Chips & salsa (I like the 'Food Should Taste Good' multigrain tortillas with flax, brown rice & some organic salsa)

I agree the snap peas are good too; maybe try the baked salted peas. They are heavenly; I liked Trader Joe's 'inner peas' but there's lots of different brands of baked peas and even different flavors.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    bean dip with veggies
    thinly sliced seitan and cheese on crackers
    peanut butter and celery
  • HP921
    Options
    Skinny pop is a great suggestion! I have a gluten sensitivity as well so I will definitely look for those next time I go to Whole Foods. Thanks!
  • HP921
    Options
    I live in Arkansas and we don't have a Trader Joes here but thanks for the other suggestions. I will definitely add them to the list
  • HP921
    Options
    Bean dip is a fav, I forgot about that. Thanks! You guys are the best!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been enjoying peanuts-in-the-shell. Having to shell each one makes you eat them slowly and makes a single serving seem like a lot.