party panic

Options
Ok party tomorrow night. I know all the rules of eating ahead, bring your own, blah blah
I am talking about how to pass by all the bad choices for a whole night while everyone else is indulging.. help?

Replies

• bzamacona
    bzamacona Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Get some extra workout time in morning of to burn a couple of extra calories than usual helps.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go, drink lots of water and find a spot away from the food! Be Strong, you can do it!
  • starlitesue
    Options
    If you feel comfortable tell someone else at the party about your eating healthy goals. That will provide some accountability at the party.

I know personally if someone else knows I'm trying to eat healthy/lose weight I have a much harder time eating badly in front of them.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You don't have to pass up everything ... just make good choices. Eat light during the day, exercise, and if you overindulge don't let it cause you to give up, just start again the next day. You still have to live your life and you can't give up everything good and tasty forever without feeling deprived. Hopefully they will have fruit and veggie trays or even cheese which aren't BAD and stick to whole wheat crackers if they have them. Good luck but don't beat yourself up regardless of what happens!!!!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well since i love to party on the weekends ..... I would recommend to eat before you go .... when you get there you won't want a big portion but a small portion to snack on. Then if you drink, like I do .... alternate a cocktail with water all night long .... then workout out first thing in the morning! ..... Enjoy the party basically, one night won't hender your progress ..... eat light tomorrow and exercise and water!
  • larkhaven
    Options
    thanks !! I just put the workout clothes out for the morning and will start with spin class- that is a good calorie burn to get my head fixed..the I go get the crudite and lastly I will break both arms, have two casts and be unable to reach the buffet!!! lol

ok, I will stop with the spinning and the crudite and TRY to keep myself away from the buffet, if I don't see it I am ok.