Anyone on the Warrior Diet??

Options
Is anyone on the Warrior Diet?? Should I still count calories on it? I know counting calories is a sure way to lose weight, but I also know that I end up eating MORE when I count them religiously...

Replies

• mikeqyu
    mikeqyu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try planning your meals. I use myfitnesspal to plan my meals for the day. It helps ensure I'm eating foods with all the nutrition I need and makes it easier to stay within a calorie range. I've been on the warrior diet for 32 days and I've lost 26 pounds.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What on earth is the warrior diet?
  • mikeqyu
    Options
    http://zebupomp13.free.fr/Nutri/The-Warrior-Diet-Fat-Loss-Plan.pdf

It's strict. But, it works. I've lost 30 pounds in 52 days.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    :huh: I just read it. There's absolutely nothing revolutionary in it. It could be summarized as 1) Don't eat crappy, processed foods, and 2) save your big meal for the evening. It's just everything most fitness experts have been saying for years regurgitated into a form that somebody can make some money off of.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I'm a bit skeptical of any diet that claims it is resurrecting the way 'we used to eat when we were hunters and gatherers' claiming it was a superior way to eat. That, knowing how 'warriers' trained and ate.

Gimmick to sell yet another diet book.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on the Warrior Diet?? Should I still count calories on it? I know counting calories is a sure way to lose weight, but I also know that I end up eating MORE when I count them religiously...

I'm confused. How do you know you are eating more exactly? I mean if you compare 1800 to 2200 you can say that 2200 is bigger, but if you compare ???? to 2200 you can't exactly say which one is bigger because one value you don't know. I don't understand how you can know that you eat more calories when you count calories compared to when you don't count calories (at which point you wouldn't know how many calories you were eating presumably).
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ugh, what? :huh:
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else see words like "detox" and "predestined" and just tune the rest out?

Sorry but this looks exactly like another bro-science diet. There is some good stuff, like basically re-training yourself to sense when you're feeling full and stop eating, but a lot of it looks like downright hooey.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    :huh: I just read it. There's absolutely nothing revolutionary in it. It could be summarized as 1) Don't eat crappy, processed foods, and 2) save your big meal for the evening. It's just everything most fitness experts have been saying for years regurgitated into a form that somebody can make some money off of.

Yet there is some evidence that eating fewer of your calorie allotment in the second half of the day may lead to greater weight loss on the same amount of calories.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23357955
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Not currently but I've done it before. And yes, I counted calories on it. Pretty much it's just intermittant fasting and the real benefit is mostly about time management. It can work well for some people depending on your lifestyle.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Yet there is some evidence that eating fewer of your calorie allotment in the second half of the day may lead to greater weight loss on the same amount of calories.

What controls did they use for this study?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Yes, as I often kill all my own protein.
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in, looks like a great summer challenge, anyone want to start a group challenge on this.
  • mikeqyu
    Options

But, it's great being able to eat so much 2 hours before you go to bed. I've always been told not to eat late. Myth buster.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

What controls did they use for this study?

They used the participants as their own controls. The methods are right there under METHODS.