To those that kicked butt and lost the weight...

Options
124»

Replies

• andrewgilfrin
    andrewgilfrin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't look at them, you could call it denial I suppose but it wasn't me and never really was.

I went through face book and untagged any picture of me, people are welcome to put them up but I don't want or need to look at them.

This is the only one I keep and even then only because it's attached to another one.

http://i.imgur.com/SXOVY.jpg
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I mostly think "oy, I really don't want to see that picture." But then I keep a copy of an old picture on my phone as a reminder of how far I've come.

One thing I notice about old pictures of me is that I tried to avoid cameras when possible so most pictures of me not only showed my size but also my clear discomfort at having to have my picture taken. Not a flattering combo.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    So you're saying I should tell fat people around me they're fat, just in case they forget. Got it

Sometimes they don't realize it. My band had played at this outdoor festival. Someone who knew a friend of mine commented to him "That fat guy playing keyboards is really good". My friend told me that, and my 1st thought was, what fat guy? I had never thought of myself that way, but now when I see pics of myself from that festival, I realize, I was fat

When I think back on it, life was a lot easier then. I ate and drank as much as I wanted and didn't care about my health. Now, I wouldn't say I obsess over it, but it is always on my mind.
  • hammondo
    hammondo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There aren't many of me, as I wasn't a fan of having my picture taken, but when I do see one, it makes me wonder how I let myself get like that knowing how i live my life now!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I keep an old picture of me posted in my workout room, so when I look up and see it, it motivates me to workout harder.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    So you're saying I should tell fat people around me they're fat, just in case they forget. Got it

Sometimes they don't realize it. My band had played at this outdoor festival. Someone who knew a friend of mine commented to him "That fat guy playing keyboards is really good". My friend told me that, and my 1st thought was, what fat guy? I had never thought of myself that way, but now when I see pics of myself from that festival, I realize, I was fat

When I think back on it, life was a lot easier then. I ate and drank as much as I wanted and didn't care about my health. Now, I wouldn't say I obsess over it, but it is always on my mind.

I had a similar experience recently. A client of mine referred to me as "that heavy set fella" and for some reason, that just took me back. When I heard it I had a few minutes where I didn't say anything. I...it's not like I was shocked that I'm fat. I know it. Of coarse I am. That's why I'm on HERE! But to internalize it so long...is so different than hearing someone else confirm that they thought of me as "the fat guy" basically. It bothered me that I'm not known for a better attribute."that smart guy" or "that funny guy". When asked about me, he commented "that heavy set guy". Like the best way to describe me was me being fat.

Ugh. I need to stop letting things bother me. I'm on the path to being a skinny dude and I need to be happy about that!