One Healthy Food You Don't Like ?

Options

Replies

• vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, or really anything with that sort of texture. Unpleasant textures are generally the biggest turn-off for me when it comes to food.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Broccoli.

Hated it as a child, and I keep making myself try it from time to time. Nope. Still disgusting.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ew, brussel sprouts. they smell like poo. people tell me "you're just not cooking them right" but then I smelled them still on the bush once...they literally smell like poo right from the get go
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Celery. All those stringy bits. If I need to floss, I'll just go floss.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Certain types of coconut water taste like monkey sweat and cooked salmon.
    Funny - I love sushi salmon, but I can't stand the flavour of it cooked
  • elisegeringer
    elisegeringer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coconut water--probably the most disgusting thing I've ever had the misfortune of drinking.
    I don't like oatmeal either, but I eat it sometimes.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Okra. Calling it "ladies' fingers" doesn't help either.

Also coconut water. Rancid.
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    "healthy" cereal. I don't love sugary kiddie cereals either, but something like plain bran or even Cheerio's is like eating a cardboard box to me. Ugh.

Tomatoes are another one...I actually love tomato based sauces and soups, and finely chopped tomatoes like in pico de gallo. But a big garden fresh slice of tomato dripping with "guts" and seeds on a sandwich will cause me to run far away...so gross to me. I also will not eat cherry tomatoes in a salad.

Good, I thought it was just me. Love tomato based almost anything, can't stand tomato guts.

I'm there with both of you. Who on earth wants to eat "tomato snot"? I can do raw tomatoes on sandwiches and salads, but I have to cut the top off the tomato and "de-goo" them, first.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eggs (unless they're pickled), any meats beside chicken (white meat only) and the occasional burger (welllll done).
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    All vegetables.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Asparagus!! Yeck!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Avocado. It's not the taste necessarily, but the texture and my stomach always feels bad after eating it so I avoid it

ETA: Also, milk and eggs. However, if they're baked into a cake....:laugh:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    ...... menudo.
    This is a food?!? Thought it was a Latino tween pop band...
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and nuts of all kind
  • Ilgamuth
    Ilgamuth Posts: 17
    Options
    fresh tomatoes. I'll eat them canned and I'll eat them cooked, but the texture of raw tomato? No, just no.
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can't bear milk or anything that resembles it so cottage cheese is like my worst nightmare. I also can't stand broccoli and cauliflower I used to get a lot of stick for it as I was a veggie for years (now pescatarian) and I had mates who couldn't understand how I could be veggie and hate certain veg.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Liver. Canned or frozen spinach (fresh & raw is good).

I love coconut water...never tasted it as rancid or sweaty or anything like that. It tastes fresh and light to me. Different strokes and all...
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Cooked bell peppers - bitter gak and seems to be the one thing EVERY SINGLE person thinks elevates their dish by overwhelming it with cooked bell peppers. Makes for a 1 note dish - everything tastes like them.

Mushrooms - it's a textural thing - if they are small enough to not bite, I don't care if they are there.

Liver - just because, yuck.
  • kindaouttaluck
    kindaouttaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Who the hell created prune juice is what I'd like to know because

tumblr_mkyhqebsEZ1rkaasno2_500.gif
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes - they're like a carroty, turnipy, potato that's just wrong. They don't taste disgusting or anything, they're just not right :/