One of *those* weeks...

Options
The past few days have been pretty crappy - I didn't get the dream job I interviewed for, things are going wrong with the house I'm buying, my ex is being an *kitten*... yup, it's one of *those* weeks when it feels like the whole world is against you. Driving home tonight I thought "screw the diet, I'm going to curl up on the sofa with a plate of chips and a big bar of chocolate", but something strange happened when I got back to the house... instead of putting on the 'fat pants' and raiding the fridge, I decided to lace up my running shoes and hit the road. I've just recorded a new personal best in the time it took to complete my usual circuit and I feel great!!! The reason I'm telling you this - if you're having one of *those* days, weeks or months, don't give up. You are stronger than you think, you don't need to let events derail all the hard work you've put in up to now, and success can come at the most unexpected times :smile:

Replies

• StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love this. :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's just...wow. You are awesome.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can eat, if you can't reach the frig! Congrats on the PR.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Happy NSV (non-scale victory)!
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great victory over a crappy week :) and a timely reminder for me :) great job
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You go !!!!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    And that was a SUPER NSV !!!!!!!!!
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well done proud of you ! Keep going you will succeed.:smile:
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks.... I'm having one of "those" weeks myself. When I get home tonight I'll force myself to go for a walk instead of heading for bed. I know I'll feel better. Thank you for the encouragement.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The past few days have been pretty crappy - I didn't get the dream job I interviewed for, things are going wrong with the house I'm buying, my ex is being an *kitten*... yup, it's one of *those* weeks when it feels like the whole world is against you. Driving home tonight I thought "screw the diet, I'm going to curl up on the sofa with a plate of chips and a big bar of chocolate", but something strange happened when I got back to the house... instead of putting on the 'fat pants' and raiding the fridge, I decided to lace up my running shoes and hit the road. I've just recorded a new personal best in the time it took to complete my usual circuit and I feel great!!! The reason I'm telling you this - if you're having one of *those* days, weeks or months, don't give up. You are stronger than you think, you don't need to let events derail all the hard work you've put in up to now, and success can come at the most unexpected times :smile:

Awesome message. And, it's true for me now that a workout does more to clear my head and make things better than binging ever would.
  • jkbarrack
    jkbarrack Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. It has been the ultimate one of those weeks but today I went for a good walk and will go for a good hard bike ride when I get home.