awful protein bars

Options
I can eat most things but my new protein bars (maximuscle dark chocolate) taste like feet. I don't like feet.

Any ideas how to resuscitate them into something remotely edible?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    batterfried?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Bake them into a delicious cake
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Get drunk before you eat them
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Crumble them like a granola and eat them with milk. Sounds gross though haha
  • dfisher34
    dfisher34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try spreading some almond butter or natural peanut butter on them. You could also break them up and use in a protein shake.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Throw them away and eat bacon instead.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    barter then for something better? Seriously, someone is bound to like them.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Throw them away and eat bacon instead.

^like this idea
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Blend them into a smoothie?
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can you return them? Call the company, tell them and see if they will do something about it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Wrap them in bacon
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, most high-protein bars do taste a little like *kitten*. Luna and Quest bars are really good, but they are on the lower end of the protein spectrum, I think Luna caps out at 7g/bar or so. Pathetic. But I have found Mt-RX Colossal Creamy Cookie Crisp to be pretty dang good, all things considered. 30g protein, 15g fat, and I forget the carbs. But good ratios, altogether.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    And in the future, might I make a suggestion? Don't buy boxes of protein bars you haven't tried, yet. Wait til Costco is giving out samples, or pay the extra to buy a single one at a convenience store, to see if you like it. That way you'll know whether you're willing to eat the whole box, before you spend money on it.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I can eat most things but my new protein bars (maximuscle dark chocolate) taste like feet. I don't like feet.

Any ideas how to resuscitate them into something remotely edible?

Come on...some people have a thing for feet and some could only dream of having feet :wink:
  • yosassi
    yosassi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you closed to getting protein from different sources? What about protein shakes so you can mix fruit in and mask the taste (or find a delicious tasting brand)? I definitely like the crumbling idea, but perhaps into yogurt.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, most high-protein bars do taste a little like *kitten*. Luna and Quest bars are really good, but they are on the lower end of the protein spectrum, I think Luna caps out at 7g/bar or so. Pathetic. But I have found Mt-RX Colossal Creamy Cookie Crisp to be pretty dang good, all things considered. 30g protein, 15g fat, and I forget the carbs. But good ratios, altogether.

I second the Met-Rx bars. I've had a couple and enjoyed them. Net carbs are like 2 or 3 grams and total calories are around 300. They are definitely a meal, not a snack.
  • storyborey
    storyborey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you. To those who suggested not buying in bulk? I know. Hindsight and all that. Their chocolate mint are very nice.

I ended up microwaving it in a bit of almond milk, BP2, coconut oil, honey and a banana, all mashed together. Tasted a little better actually and kept me full until lunch. Will have to think of something new for the next one.