What Is Your Greatest Food Addiction?

Options
12346»

Replies

• serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Diet soda. It is my guiltiest pleasure.

Also French Fries and Milkshakes. They're my biggest weakness. I find them the hardest cravings to resist.
  • runnernatasha
    Options
    Pasta with wonderful sauces- of all sorts, lasagna included
    Apple crumble and really over the top variations of ice cream

Basically, the worst kinds of carbs lol
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Can not have it in the house. If it is here, I will been gravitationally drawn to the jar with a large spoon and a quart of cold water. Yeah, no PB in my house no more(sad face). Moderation is not in my venue at this time in regards to the PB universe.

Yup, me too. I bought a jar to make cookies for the holiday and by the time I made them, there wasn't enough PB left for the cookies.

I also try to limit leftover meat and extra cheese. These are the things that I'll graze on if they're around. I'll go for meat over a cookie.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My idea of heaven is to have fried chicken at every meal and if the kitchen ran out, lasagna would be a good substitute.
  • Mindless_Games
    Mindless_Games Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cookies, cakes, pizza, and peanut butter.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. And decatent chocolate cake.

I also go through stages of wanting to eat tubs and tubs of yoghurt in a day
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How do you combat the desire to partake of food addictions???

Things I can't have in the house because I WILL keep going back and eating them until they are gone: potato chips, wheat thins, cookies, chinese takeout.

Things I can keep around, get an inordinate amount of pleasure out of, and indulge in measured quantities to keep me satisfied with my eating plan: cheese, peanut butter, wine.

Bonus item that doesn't hurt my diet but I'm truly addicted to and trying to cut back on: Coke Zero.

The good part is I prefer cheese to potato chips, and it doesn't trigger an eating frenzy in me the way potato chips do. I can have my 1 oz of aged cheddar or brie or 1/2 oz of grated parmesan.

I don't eat potato chips or wheat thins. I have occasionally purchased some chicken and broccoli takeout, measured what I can eat, and eaten it. I can also purchase one chocolate chip cookie at McDonald's for 40 cents, and I do that every once in a while.
  • wellforlife_uk
    Options
    Definately chocolate. Though i recently developed a dairy intolerance, so ican't have more than a row or 2 without getting stomache ache :( I used to eat alot of cheese but now i can't as i am slightly allergic to animal rennet, my eye lide swell up.
  • Niecytwentyfive
    Niecytwentyfive Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tasty pastry and Pasta. I've gotta stay far away from those things.
  • TenderMoon
    TenderMoon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And Calzones. Basically anything with cheese and sauce.
    I'm looking into trying a recipe I found that involves making pizza crust with zucchinis, thus making it low carb...

There are lots of recipes out there for cauliflower pizza crust. Never tried it but if you like cauliflower might be worth a shot. I love pizza too and haven't had any since mid May. Hard, very hard.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Fresh bread, With butter and jam. I hope there is a group for that.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    fried and fatty foods--burgers, fries, chinese food.

I try to stay away from those things now, as I can't eat them in moderation.
  • Roxay81
    Roxay81 Posts: 19
    Options
    Baked sweets are my nemesis. Especially donuts. I can't be near them but every morning I smell them since my job is within walking distance to a donut shop. The struggle! :sad:
  • binniesmart
    Options
    Cheese, bread, mayonnaise, and pasta. My favourite foods are mac cheese, or a cheese cucumber and mayonnaise sandwich, on fresh tiger bread! I still have all these in moderation, but combinations of the above are both heavenly and hellish for me...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Mine is milk chocolate. I can't control myself when it is in my reach. The smell, texture, creaminess, all of it makes me gravitate towards it and not stop. Seriously, if you put a bag of Hershey Kisses in front of me I will nibble away until the bag is gone. The reason I brought this up is because I recently bought a box of Weight Watchers Fudge Bars (only 45 calories a piece) not bad right? But I can't let a day go by without eating at least 2.
    What is it that causes such an addiction? Is it mind over matter? I try to never have sweets in the house except for special occasions (company over, dessert. . .) but if I do, especially if it's chocolate, I'll eat it.
    For the reasons stated, my company is always the lucky recipient of taking home any remaining dessert.

How do you combat the desire to partake of food addictions???

Hah thats funny because milk chocolate was a part of my diet routine and I had to choke it down sometimes. Finally decided it wasn't worth it so I stopped trying to drink it (I strongly dislike sweet things).

With that said chocolate milk is actually pretty healthy so not sure why you are avoiding it.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Anything salty&crunchy. Doritos chips, crackers and cheese, salted nuts.....mmmmmmmm!!!!!
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Oreo cookies.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn. A whole bag. Sometimes two. With vodka. Many vodkas.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly sandwich with glass of milk