Looking for support on my do-over :)

Options
slliwlt
slliwlt Posts: 68 Member
Well, let me introduce myself! I've been a member of MFP for several years, but this time around I'm sticking with it & could really use some friends to help me on my journey! I've got a few hurdles, but my biggest one is myself! Lol! I'm pretty good at coming up with excuses..... why I can't exercise, why I need dessert, why I deserve a cocktail......

So, if you're looking for a friend to support & who's willing to do the same for you, add me & we'll do this together! :)

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

The Sexypants link should be required reading for all MFPers: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me...love to give encouragement and receive a bit as well! I just had foot surgery so I'm down from excerise at moment. My goal is to maintain weight until I can get moving again. I'll be logging food daily and doing arm and leg lifts...chomping at the bit to getting back to walking and maybe even running!
  • slliwlt
    Options
    Welcome back!

The Sexypants link should be required reading for all MFPers: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants

That's an interesting read! Thank you!
  • slliwlt
    Options
    Sounds like you have some recovery ahead of you-but kudos on keeping active even while your laid up! Would be easy to make excuses for not working out! Lol!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I so wish the Sexypants link had been here when I started.

Take "before" photos & measurements, too!
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same path as you, together we can do this!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome back! I am willing to help you out! I too am looking for some supportive friends as many of mine have fallen silent lately! Please feel free to add me if you like! Good luck to you!
  • 3Heather24
    3Heather24 Posts: 49
    Options
    If anyone is on Facebook, I'm in an awesome fitness/motivation group on there! Everyone is super supportive and encouraging! There are daily motivational posts and sometimes weekly workout and/or healthy eating "challenges". We'd love to have you join us (it's completely free). If you're interested, just send me a friend request (facebook.com/3heather24). I personally find it's a lot easier to navigate groups on FB than on here.
  • slliwlt
    Options
    If anyone is on Facebook, I'm in an awesome fitness/motivation group on there! Everyone is super supportive and encouraging! There are daily motivational posts and sometimes weekly workout and/or healthy eating "challenges". We'd love to have you join us (it's completely free). If you're interested, just send me a friend request (facebook.com/3heather24). I personally find it's a lot easier to navigate groups on FB than on here.

Great! I will look you up on Facebook!
  • slliwlt
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you everyone! I'm actually looking forward to this!
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I am coming back after a 10 month absence. I have horrible eating habits and I hope to fix that. I go through phases of not eating much of anything for 2-3 weeks and then going back to eating one meal (usually big) a day. I am currently in the "not eating much of anything" phase and have been there for almost 6 weeks or so. I'm on Body By Vi shakes for a nutritional protein based meal replacement. I went on them because I wasn't eating and needed the nutrition. I've been told I need to eat more. I'm currently eating about 500-600 calories a day.....well......eating and drinking. I never thought that eating would be as difficult as not eating. But I'm finding it very difficult. Nothing interests me.

Oh -- I'm here for the long haul this time I think. I have about 100 pounds to lose.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • brittkat89
    Options
    Add me! I'm just starting up again too after realizing I had gained back a lot of the weight I lost...I need to stick with it and actually lose all the weight this time and I don't have people around me who are very supportive so I need people to hold me accountable!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I'm currently eating about 500-600 calories a day.
    Read the Sexypants post, stat: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants