What I Learned on My Way to Goal Weight

Options
So, my weight loss journey has been quite a long one! But after several years, I'm happy to have FINALLY reached my goal weight of 135lbs. down from 200lbs.! All of my friends asked me what I did, how I did it, how do they get rid of the bit of fat on their arms, on their bellies, what's the fastest way to drop 5 lbs., how come the results aren't coming faster...

My answer is always the same. How? Diet and exercise. That's it. Eat cleaner foods and move more. As you learn more about your body, workout harder and eat cleaner. Keep improving. Don't be content to do the bare minimum. Take baby steps and as you get used to what you're doing, take big person steps, then strides, then leaps, then massive jumps. Always do more. You can't spot reduce fat, just work-out. Muscle helps burn fat. Lift weights. Calories packed with nutrients will always be better than any old empty calories. Eat clean foods. Weight loss that lasts doesn't happen over night. Life is not the Biggest Loser and you won't lose 10lbs. a week every week for 2 months. You'll lose a lot of weight at first, then it will slow down to a normal rate. Losing 1lb. a week is normal, healthy and will lead to you keeping that weight off.

The formula itself is simple, the journey is not. Yes it was hard. Yes I've wanted to give up before. If it were easy, everyone would do it. But if you want something, really want it - you go for it, end of story. Slipping up and making mistakes is ok - just keep going. No one is perfect. No one gets it right 100% of the time. Everyone looks at not being perfect equaling failure, which is just ridiculous. And even if you do fail at something - so what? What successful person do you know that never once failed? I believe Donald Trump was bankrupt not too long ago. That didn't seem to hold him back. If anything, when we fail - we learn. That's the most important part of this process. What you learn about yourself, about your health, about what you want and about what you're made of.

I reached my first goal weight that I set for myself, but I'm not done. I've got new goals and new heights to reach. I love leading a healthy lifestyle and I'm proud of what I've been able to do. And how much I've been able to fail, learn and press on! If you want to see my full transformation, check out my YouTube video ~ www.youtube.com/sweetcmefitness

You can do this too! Just.Keep.Going.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Well said. Thank you for posting!
  • LorrieM40
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! Congratulations and thank you. Your words are inspiring!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great post, and cute video! Congratulations, and way to go on your perserverance and hard work.
  • odaatsue
    Options
    I love it! Thanks for posting - and congratulations on your great success. You are leading by example!
  • everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your post is inspirational.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    wonderful post!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, your comments are so true! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    LOVED your vid! What an inspiration!! Great work and great commitment! :flowerforyou:

Thats all it takes huh :bigsmile:
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Truly awesome post!!
  • bounce0033
    Options
    Very inspirational - Thanks :-)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    :happy: :drinker:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    great job!!! a truly inspiring story, I wish you all the best with your success.
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Great post! It helps me to keep things more in perspective!
  • sabrina_11
    sabrina_11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those inspiring words, and I just watched the video...amazing!! You truly are an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing. :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    great post
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    So inspiring. I needed to hear your message today. Thanks!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and you are very inspiring :) thanks for sharing :)
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. Congratulations on your journey, your loss, and your new knowledge!! Good for you for passing it on!!! Thank you! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!