Loosing weight too fast?

Options
I have a question and any advice would be appreciated. Ultimately I need to loose about 55 lbs to be in my ideal weight for my height etc. Last week I lost almost 4 lbs after weighing in on Monday 7/7. After coming home from the gym tonight (Tuesday)I couldn't resist and I weighed myself again (Although I am trying to only do that once a week) and I have already lost around 2 lbs since yesterday.

I don't want to loose so quickly that I will have excess/hanging skin. I am trying my best to eat close to my recommended Cal intake which is 1650. Should I be concerned that It's dropping so quickly? Right now I am trying to exercise 3-4 times per week and burn anywhere between 400-900 calories depending on the workout I do at the gym. Note* This is my second week working out and until now I haven't really worked out in prob. 2 years.

Should I workout less? Eat more? or keep doing what I am doing? I just want to be healthy about it and not be left with flappy skin.

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You probably only lost a pound or two, most of the initial gains and loses are just water weight shifting around as your body adjusts to new food and exercise. The more you look at the scale the more drastic the changes and eventual heartbreaks will be. Just eat the right amount of food, log everything and don't stare at the scale as it will just confound you.

Edit - And the skin will sort itself out regardless of how fast or slow you lose weight. Some people don't have an issue others do.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Lose*
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    My weight can change several pounds from one day to the other just from water retention, using the restroom, etc. Wait a few weeks and see if it evens out.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You probably only lost a pound or two, most of the initial gains and loses are just water weight shifting around as your body adjusts to new food and exercise. The more you look at the scale the more drastic the changes and eventual heartbreaks will be. Just eat the right amount of food, log everything and don't stare at the scale as it will just confound you.

Edit - And the skin will sort itself out regardless of how fast or slow you lose weight. Some people don't have an issue others do.

THIS!
  • hcw1248
    hcw1248 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks!