Any success with Slim in 6 or Rockin' Body by Beach Body

Options
melindabrock
melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
Hi I am interested in trying one of the two workouts because I am just starting out after having a baby. I am currently 253lbs and 5'9. I would like to eventually work up to the T25 but I know I would probably pass out if I tried it now. LOL Anyone tried either of these with success?

Replies

• Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm doing slim in 6 though just started. I am unfit! Slim in 6 is good, I like Debbie Siebers, the routine is repetitive as you do the same routine for 2 weeks before moving on if you feel ready, I need this at the moment. I like the fact that I can feel that the routine is getting easier and I do feel my arms are getting more toned after 3 weeks. I'm ready to move on to the next stage now.

I'm also doing hip hop abs but am not sure what it's really doing other then a cardio dance exercise for around 30-40 mins. It is fun though!

I'm working up to T25, as you are, it looks very scary to me set the moment!

Good luck with whatever you choose! Choosing to do something is half the battle :)
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have tried Slim in 6 for a week. It has a lot of lunges and that will help your lower body. But doing the same video for 2 weeks can get boring. You can mix it up with other workouts.

I finished 2 weeks of T25 Alpha. There is a modifier so you can do those moves till you get strong enough. It is a great program because you get results not only in terms of pounds and inches lost, but you gain stamina, speed and endurance
  • mtnyr
    mtnyr Posts: 9
    Options
    I love the Rockin' Body workout as well as Shawn T's Hip Hop Abs. They are fun as well as doable. I highly recommend them as they are some of my favorites.
  • kgenzel24
    kgenzel24 Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree with with Rockin' Body and Hip Hop Abs! When I started my weight loss journey last July I started with Rockin' Body (which I did for 3 months). Then I moved on to Hip Hop Abs for 2 months. Did some Jillian Michaels workouts after that and now I'm back to my main man Shaun T and doing T25 which I love! Best of luck to you!!
  • melindabrock
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I had tried Slim in 6 when it first came out and I was in high school. I could definitely see a difference after 3 weeks. I just never finished the program. I hope I can get some stamina built with these two workouts and move on to T25. I am miserable with my current weight and the way I look. I may look into hip hop abs as well but I think I need to drop the pounds before I start trying to really tone everything. I gain muscle really fast but I want to lose inches most I guess so I need the cardio first Im assuming...
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the first slim in 6 DVD for a few weeks now and decided yo move to the second DVD, ramp it up. Well, let's say it was a shock! I naively thought it would be a slight step up but it's nearly an hour and the pace really picks up, I could barely keep up and had to stop many times. I did do it again today and got through more it - I think I need to be prepared to challenge myself more and embrace the sweat!
  • melindabrock
    Options
    That's great!! I am waiting until next week to order the DVDs. I cant wait. Thanks for sharing and keep me posted!!
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just heard of Rockin Body today, and I think I'm going to order it for when I'm done with T25. I think I'm going to do all 10 weeks of T25 twice, then I wanted to switch to something else. I actually wish I had known about Rockin Body or Hip Hop Abs before. They're only $20, and I think I would really like them! I like T25, but I think I'd like dancing more.
  • melindabrock
    Options
    Yeah I cant afford the T25 and honestly Im afraid Im too far out of shape to even get through it. I plan on starting with something less intense and moving up.
  • Tvanarsdalejr
    Options
    Ive been working with the Rockin Body DVD's for a couple weeks now. Their fun (to me) and seem to be effective.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!