Deadly Derriere

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
Now I have no a$s whatsoever (see the pic on my profile for reference), but this makes me rethink anything but(t) squats, lunges, bridges and the like. Yee-ikes

Woman loses hands, feet after discount butt injections

Posted: Jul 02, 2014 1:35 PM PDT
Updated: Jul 02, 2014 1:36 PM PDT
By WFLA.com web staff
LOS ANGELES, CA (WFLA) -
A California woman says her search for discount plastic surgery ended in a nightmare that cost her her hands and feet.

Apryl Brown says an acquaintance was offering silicone butt injections at her house, at a cheaper price than a doctor’s office. However, the real cost would come later.

“I was in pain, my butt was hard, and I was itching,” Brown told a CNN reporter.

It turned out to be a life-threatening staph infection. When doctors removed the silicone, they found it was bathroom caulk, the same stuff you can buy at Home Depot.

Brown needed 27 surgeries, and she lost her hands and feet. At one point, she thought she was going to die.

She is not the only woman seeking discount beauty who ended up paying a high price.

Dr. Richard Glogau, at the University of California-San Francisco, says one of his patients thought she was buying an injectable filler to smooth wrinkles. She bought it from a website, and injected it with the help of a nurse.

Within a week to ten days, swollen red nodules appeared on the woman’s face. Dr. Glogau removed the substance, and found it was glass, or fiberglass.

The website where she bought the injection, pmma.com, claims to sell dermal fillers for professionals directly to customers. A similar treatment at a doctor’s office costs nearly $800. The website sells it for just $100.

The FDA says only licensed medical professionals can legally make these purchases.

Dr. Glogau says he doesn’t blame the patients, in a time when the web claims to offer fast and easy access to things customers might ordinarily not be able to afford.

“People assume that it’s just as easy as getting your hair colored,” said Dr. Glogau. “But at the end of the day, it’s a medical procedure.”

Apryl Brown has learned to walk and write using prosthetics. She says her goal is to educate others so they don’t make the same mistake as she did.

“All I would ask them to do is, when they have that first thought, make sure they have a second thought about it and do a little research,” Brown said. “They won't be blindsided, and they won't be saying ‘oh my god I had no idea that a simple procedure like that can leave me with no hands, no feet and no butt cheeks’.”

CNN staff tried to reach pmma.com for comment, but no one answered the phone. A customer care email said only “it’s not about product. It is about procedure.”

Replies

• TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    What a pain in the butt.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Why would anybody do this in the first place??? Not just stupid, brain-dead, felony stupid.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What a pain in the butt.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    What a pain in the butt.

best response!!!

I saw this on the news the other day, well I didn't see it my dad was watching it and I listened then passed judgment.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Belligerent Booty
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Another faulty fartbox...so scary!
    Another deletable offence, perhaps?
    AWmhqjx.gif
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    AWmhqjx.gif

Can't...stop...watching....that is freaky!
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    AWmhqjx.gif

Can't...stop...watching....that is freaky!

LMAO !!!!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    AWmhqjx.gif
    That's disgusting. I won't even tell you what I've seen people do throughout my adventures in nursing.... :noway:
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    That is just plain creepy :noway:
  • Oklahoma_qt
    Oklahoma_qt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    AWmhqjx.gif

Errr muh gawd this freaks me Ouuuttt
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Millions of people go to Botox parties, where they get injected in someone's home.
    It is pretty scary.
    Course, if Home Depot had some caulk for baldness.....
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Well, you get what you pay for.... and anyone who believes everything they see on the Internet also deserves what they get. I agree with above poster - 'felony stoopid.'
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    AWmhqjx.gif

Ew :sick:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    AWmhqjx.gif

That's like the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

What? Too weird?

Oh, I meant, that's disgusting! :laugh:
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Even if they didn't flip around, I'm pretty sure her as$ looked better before. It's like the half, rock hard cantaloupe boobies; super unnatural.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    jLZz4Na.gif