Losing friends after getting married

Options
Jbarbo01
Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
I've noticed friends have been treating my husband and I differently after we got married earlier this year. However, we were together for ten years beforehand and never have been the type of couple to be attached at the hip. We were always a very social couple and hung out with friends together and apart. I've noticed recently that our single friend groups are starting to exclude us from trips or certain events that they probably would've invited us to before. Perhaps they just don't like us anymore haha but I was curious if anyone else experienced this when they got married?

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Single people tend to hang out with single people.. Just as you'll find as your marriage goes on you'll be hanging out with married people..
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    no. after my wife and i wwere married, we got invited to pretty much everything we used to. It was the child that slowed those things. We still get invited to do stuff, but we are not always able to do that.

I have no idea why you wouldn't get invited to such things. perhaps you should ask one of them.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Single people tend to hang out with single people.. Just as you'll find as your marriage goes on you'll be hanging out with married people..

Or each other. My wife and I used to do our own things, then things with more married people, and now mostly things together with occasional date nights or parties with other couples.
  • Where_Is_Herb
    Where_Is_Herb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not a crush-ologist, but if you crush on the regular, your friends don't want to be around you. Something about being 'engaged' implies that smashing other people is okay and temporary, and something about being divorced or widowed suggests that doing the stuff is presumed, but when you are married, crushing is a part of [hopefully] daily life.

So they are being complimentary to not include you.