ahhh eeeks

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
My bosses are ordering me lunch today from a local pizza place. This is what I ordered:
A small Turkey Sub with lettuce and Tomatoe and Light on the mustard. NO CHEESE. I'm already feeling ughhh because Im not sure of the exact calories in it. Like what kind of turkey they use and what kind of sub rolls(yes..I asked lol) so Im estimating the roll to be like 250 calories. But i know so are even more. AHHHHHH Im planning on only eating half today. I just hate not knowing for sure the calories!

Replies

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    look at it this way: its not greasy pizza, so you made the smart choice.

p.s. my lunch? two pieces of pizza from last night. with pepperoni and TONS of feta cheese. hope that makes you feel better.

:bigsmile:
  • I feel the SAME way! I always pack a lunch but today they're ordering out. I picked a soup and salad meal but I still don't feel great not knowing down to the exact calorie what they are! I'm also meeting a friend for dinner tonight and am feeling the same way about that. I looked at the menu and I'm going to order a veggie burger with no cheese and sweet potato fries but I can't be EXACT because it's a local establishment and they don't offer nutrition information.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    You did GREAT opting for turkey instead of having the pizza. You easily saved yourself at least 600-800 calories. Turkey is very low in calories and fat. The only suggestion I would have made is going with whole wheat bread or whole wheat roll instead of white. Great willpower!!!! :)
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    I think every now and again a "blind" meal is fine if you use common sense which by the looks of it you have because could of easily ordered a pizza, I think the fact you have made the effort to chose something healthy speaks for itself and you should enjoy your sub and not worry about it. :smile:

Ben.
  • Don't sweat it, your only eating half. You can work it off, take a nice long walk tonight. Enjoy it and the weekend.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    I give you KUDOS! You did awesome with what you order I would not sweat it at all! Plus only half what a smart choice!
This discussion has been closed.