Found my *magical* drug

Options
So background information. I had been to our family doc a few times (4 times over 10 years) about having these "spells". They don't happen very often and when they do, by the time I get an appointment it's resolved itself. During a spell I have super low energy, super cranky, I sleep like mad and the odd time I have joint pain and my hands and face feel tingly. I had the normal run of tests (lupus, lymes, some clotting illness etc) and nothing came back weird. (Granted, by the time I had the tests things would have mostly resolved I live in a small town with a 2 week wait to see the doc. My symptoms were annoying but not so much to go to the emergency room)

Past 3 days I'm spiriling down again. Monday night my face went tingly and last night my hand did as well. Doc had mentioned taking B12 and I had brushed it off thinking I had a serious medical concern and a frigging vitamin wasn't going to help. We'll last night I took a double dose of b12.

HOLY BANAZA! What is B12? It completely whipped me around. Symptoms all gone. Soooooooo much freaking energy. It is 6am, I have had 6 hours of sleep (compared to my normal 8 or when I'm having a spell, my desired 13) and I am itching to get up and do stuff. My face and hand are back to normal and my mood is excited and weirdly over joyed (which I why I'm writing to you guys, hubby is away and friends and family would not be pleased by a phone call this early in the morning. But I had to tell someone) I haven't even had coffee!

So others that have trouble getting your protein in and are feeling tired and crabby.....it doesn't hurt to try an extra does of b12

Replies

• marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this is my 2nd week of B12 injections and I definately see a difference in how I feel!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    magic+gif.gif
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My husband's calf cramps were cured with sublingual b12. We both take it now.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So background information. I had been to our family doc a few times (4 times over 10 years) about having these "spells". They don't happen very often and when they do, by the time I get an appointment it's resolved itself. During a spell I have super low energy, super cranky, I sleep like mad and the odd time I have joint pain and my hands and face feel tingly. I had the normal run of tests (lupus, lymes, some clotting illness etc) and nothing came back weird. (Granted, by the time I had the tests things would have mostly resolved I live in a small town with a 2 week wait to see the doc. My symptoms were annoying but not so much to go to the emergency room)

Past 3 days I'm spiriling down again. Monday night my face went tingly and last night my hand did as well. Doc had mentioned taking B12 and I had brushed it off thinking I had a serious medical concern and a frigging vitamin wasn't going to help. We'll last night I took a double dose of b12.

HOLY BANAZA! What is B12? It completely whipped me around. Symptoms all gone. Soooooooo much freaking energy. It is 6am, I have had 6 hours of sleep (compared to my normal 8 or when I'm having a spell, my desired 13) and I am itching to get up and do stuff. My face and hand are back to normal and my mood is excited and weirdly over joyed (which I why I'm writing to you guys, hubby is away and friends and family would not be pleased by a phone call this early in the morning. But I had to tell someone) I haven't even had coffee!

So others that have trouble getting your protein in and are feeling tired and crabby.....it doesn't hurt to try an extra does of b12
    Sorry to burst your bubble but if your B12 levels are reduced it will take more than one dose and 24 hours to notice a difference. It would be a gradual improvement over time. My guess it's more a placebo type effect.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    That's an awful quick turn around... but glad its working..

Makes me wonder if your vitamin D levels are normal? Vitamin D is the vitamin that helps us absorb other vitamins. Mine was pretty low and I take D3 now and my energy came back.

Just food for thought.

PS... Tingly face?? I'd have gone to the ER. That isn't normal and could be an allergy. I'm allergic to shellfish and that's my first symptom followed by anaphylaxis.
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I tried taking B12 but after breaking out in hives head to toe, it wasn't worth it. Good luck to you and if it's helping then I hope it continues to.