thinking of getting a personal trainer

Options
hello I was thinking of getting a personal trainer is this a good idea im unsure on some exersices or is it best just to do my own research

Replies

• 80ld
    80ld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had my first PT session today...I really enjoyed it and I pushed myself alot harder by having someone constantly focus on me! I got to actually see how to use certain machines at the gym. However it is quite pricey...even if you just give one session a try you get an idea if you want to continue with a PT or take what you learnt and do your own thing..
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Its a GREAT idea. Its motivation, they can push you to 'your' limits, not the limits of a group class and they can answer questions. Do it. Even if its in the short term.
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend! My trainer pushes me more than I do myself, but also is there to answer questions about form and machines. It can be quite expensive, so I limit my one on one sessions to every other week. However, see if the trainer offers group sessions. I do a "group personal training" session every week. It is a much smaller group (3-4 people) than the regular group classes and much more affordable. I still get personalized attention, with smaller price tag and fun workout partners too.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend it. I worked with a personal trainer for several months before it got to be outside of my budget. I learned a lot during those months that I was able to take with me after. I still see my trainer around the gym and can pick his brain from time to time.