Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Almost 1 year and almost there - lots of pics (bikini)

loveby30
loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
Hiya

Before I begin I want to thank all the brave posters before me whose great and "small" success have been a constant inspiration to me over this last year!

Partly for the motivation to keep going and partly out of accountability, I told myself I would post before/during pics before my leave. Well, I head out on Thursday, and I am super procrastinating this final report so I thought why not post now?!

I am NOT done, clearly. I have about 15lbs to go, so I'll save you all the backstory. Briefly, I started out in August of last year after I realised i had gotten PRETTY fat (I say 175lbs/81kgs on my ticker but really I was probably closer to 185 or higher). I have NOT had consistent levels of effort over the last year, which i am kicking myself for now. But anytime I went wayyy off track I quickly turned it around. Since May I have been working pretty hard to look good for this trip and my friend's wedding. I am not exactly where I wanted to be at this point, but happily after looking at these pics I am excited about and proud of my progress so far. Ok here we go

Before:
Here I was probably pushing 185lbs (84kg) I am 5'9

These first ones are at a party right before I headed out on vacation

4d02b0ff-efe4-4cc9-826c-b5ce539bef7f_zps7382ac08.jpg73887da7-f622-4ab6-8806-e34288d3abf0_zpsbab7228e.jpgBeforeaction2_zps55ae3f83.jpg
Beforeaction4_zps34836bad.jpg

These are right after I got back and decided to do something about my weight
Before1_zpsd29e79d4.pngBeforeside_zps5e8b95f9.pngBeforeback_zps67e7ff09.pngBeforeside2_zps325a488d.png

During/now
These were taking today after my workout break - I am happy about these guys :happy:

During_zps03c04423.pngDuringside_zps0f4171fe.pngduringback_zpsd94bcd93.pngDuringside2_zps615e59d9.png

:embarassed: because I told myself I would, here are some bikini shots :embarassed:
I am not at all where I wanted to be (esp in the thigh/tummy area) by this time....but at least it's better then if I had done nothing right?!

bikini_zpsf88ccd91.pngBikiniside_zps585ff472.pngbikiniback_zps0a177ad3.pngBikiniside_zps585ff472.png

This last one is NOT a realistic representation of my body in a bikini b/c my bathroom mirror is very kind and loving, BUT it makes me feel good :happy: :happy:

photo4_zps934d5f69.jpg

My next goal is to be as close as possible to being at goal by my birthday in late Sept. (ugh i was in trouble like two words in that sentence) So my focus will be on getting that belly pouch inline and out of SIGHT! also on trying to tone my legs :)

Though I am not 100% where I wanted to be pre-break, I am pretty happy with my progress so far. Thank you MFP for all your help and support!!! Also a big thank you to the wonderful Jillian Michaels and her videos. I look forward to sharing awesome ab/bikini/leg pics in September ... iiiifffff anyone has any tips on good ways to get to that point, hook a sister up!
:drinker:

x

Oh yeah one more thing. I don't really weigh myself so my ticker is probably off a bit. I think this is a bit more than 17lbs.

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    def a success! great job! keep it up and youll get to where u wanna be soon!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    You've done awesome!! You look great!
  • You're an inspiration! Great job.
  • abigail659
    abigail659 Posts: 63 Member
    Wow! You are such an inspiration! Your pics are a true testament to your hard work. I hope that I can do the same in 1 year. Do you only do the Jillian Michael's DVDs? I have those at home and haven't touched them yet so I'm wondering if I should. I've been doing a groupon bootcamp for the last 3 weeks (on my 4th and final week this week) and am a little disappointed at my progress so far. Thanks for sharing your success story. Keep it up!
  • loveby30
    Thanks guys!!

As for the videos - I started off doing the 30 Day Shred.....then fell off the wagon for a while. Now I am doing no more trouble zones which I LOVE but it does take a bit more time. I highly recommend her videos, I think they work really well - especially if you weren't really into fitness when you started.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Nice work, you look great!
  • loveby30
    I should also add that I just started c25k .... just finished day 2 of week 2. I really like it, and it's nice to break up the circuits for a change :)

Good luck everyone!
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 343 Member
    Wow you look amazing! I am exactly at that weight 185 and I put 175 on my thing too a while back now have updated it to the truth! I'd like to get my stomach to look like yours is now!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    WOW, great work!
  • dcapazo
    dcapazo Posts: 2
    wow awesome; what an inspiration!!
  • loveby30
    Thanks Guys!

Sweetiepieste how did you change your start weight? I would like do that as well :)
  • Congrats!

You can edit previous entries on the website. Go to my home, select check in, and click edit previous entries. At the bottom, it says add new entry put in the information and it corrects your starting weight.
  • loveby30
    Excellent! Thanks...wow I've lost about 30 lbs!!! crazy :)
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    and thats why I want to loose 30 lbs.. Y
    ou look Awesome Loveby30.. :glasses:
  • daniellecunnings
    daniellecunnings Posts: 3 Member
    Great work! You've changed your life! I'm so happy for you! You are inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Awesome job!!! You've made great changes. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!