Just kept running - NSV

Options
sloseph
sloseph Posts: 157 Member
so last night i was doing week 8 day 2 of the C25K program, it didn't start well, i was doing my 5 minute warm up when i realised that instead of wearing my nice light running shorts i'd thoughtlessly put of some normal heavy going out shorts, i considered going home and changing but i though no I've got to carry on

and carry on i did, i started running and then 15 minuets in my Bluetooth headphones started to beep at me, they were informing my the battery was going to die and moment, i thought oh no that's it, i can't run with out my music i might as well just give up and call it a day

but i didn't, instead i put my set my phone to play though it's speaker and just kept plodding on until i reached 28 minutes :)

once i finished i was so proud of myself for not listening to the excuses in my head and getting on with it

Replies

• otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Fab! Well done!
    Will stop my procrastinating and get to the gym!
    Thank you :drinker:
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Took a leaf out of your book last night and just kept running, didn't look at my watch. Did a record distance for me, and at a good pace too, even though it bucketed down on me halfway through. Thank you for the inspiration. :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Good job:).
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AWESOME for you! Felt good, didn't it!
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Took a leaf out of your book last night and just kept running, didn't look at my watch. Did a record distance for me, and at a good pace too, even though it bucketed down on me halfway through. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

i'm very glad to hear i could help

i quite like it when it starts raining while im running, sometime i wish it would just chuck it down mid run
  • brn14me
    brn14me Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's what i love about running. There are no coaches, no trainers, no-one to make you push. That feeling you got today doesn't go away. The voices change but don't go away....every run is a victory. Enjoy!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!