New here ISO positive/encouraging reinforcments.

Options
Hi, my name is Melanie and I'm brand new here. I've got 20lbs to lose with no support around me, so I NEED HELP! Lol! I have multiple sclerosis so "major" high impact working out isn't possible for me, & neither is anything that involves me being out in the scorching Texas heat. Soooo....if anybody has any workout ideas for me, that would be great! I'm fortunate enough that the M.S. hasn't disabled me, just made it a little more difficult to exercise. Thanks :)!!!!

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I used to run, but my knees got bad. I am doing a simple walking workout every other day - on the days I don't walk, I bike or use the elliptical. It is working so far as I have lost 6 pounds. I think the key is consistency more than anything else. I need to lose a total of 30 so I am slowly creeping there. I have gained and lost this weight a million times, but hopefully, this time is the charm! Good luck to you!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    checkout fitness blender on youTube

they have tons of different kinds of workouts posted.

my tv (and it's not a smart tv) is able to play youTube videos right on it (we have directTv, but i think Dish can do the same. not sure about cable).
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Maybe invest in some Pilates DVDs. The calorie burn isn't super high, but I feel like the strengthening/stretching would be good for your overall health. I know I love it, and it's definitely not high impact. Good luck and just keep moving!! :flowerforyou: