One month progress (pic)

Options
10 lbs lost, but I'm not seeing much of a difference!

IMG

Replies

• serenitynowplease
    Options
    Sorry- try this link! http://tinypic.com/r/15z5s3d/8

Left is now--right is 4 weeks ago
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Sorry- try this link! http://tinypic.com/r/15z5s3d/8

Left is now--right is 4 weeks ago

There is a slight difference, you shouldnt be looking for a difference until you've been at it for 3 months straight. Take pics weekly to compare to after 3 months!! then you will really notice a difference.

Also you should be proud of yourself, keep it up kiddo you got this!
  • ninaxviii
    ninaxviii Posts: 4
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference! You're holding yourself better too, showing more confidence :)
    Great shout wearing the same top for both photos too - it's so difficult with before/after photos when people wear different and potentially more unflattering clothes, it can be so demoralising! Well done, keep going!
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I see the difference, even if it's slight. You will see more of a difference through time. You should start feeling the difference in your clothes, though. That's the telltale sign.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Baby progress is still progress <3
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the pics to load--hazards of living at the edge of the sticks--slow dsl.

It can be hard to *see* 10 lbs on your own body; I know I tend to focus on areas where I most notice weight and not notice changes elsewhere, so I'm guessing that's pretty common habit that you may share.

But...10 lbs is actually a lot of fat. Imagine a box of 4 cubes of butter. That's 1 lb of fat. Now imagine 10 of those. That's 10 lbs of fat and that is how much you lost.

Now imagine that 20 inch tall pile of butter evenly covering your body. Even that much butter isn't going to look like a particularly thick layer. It's deceptive. But it's still a f***ton of butter. Probably a year's supply of butter.

Got the pics now. I'm noticing you are thinner along the jawline and neck. Good job!
  • jubosaint
    jubosaint Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference. Your arm is thinner, and your chest is much smaller. Your body looks younger. I think that's a lot of difference for 10 pounds. I've just started, a week tomorrow, but that has inspired me that I may can see a difference with my first 10 pounds. Great job. Keep it going! Thanks for sharing, it helped me continue to be motivated.
  • amitwrox
    amitwrox Posts: 3
    Options
    i see a difference! esp in your face and arms. plus your posture. keep up the good work!
  • nikkieharris1
    nikkieharris1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep going every 1lb gone is less diabetes and cardiovascular risk and surely soon a change in clothes size
    Well done
  • MetalHippy
    Options
    I can see a difference, keep at it.

Good luck.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference! wtg! it took me months before I saw the change in the mirror that others noticed sooner. :smile: Keep up the good work!
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference in your face, and a little difference in your tummy. You look like you're built a lot like me, so if you lose like me, keep watching your waist. It's always the first to go for me, and it's where I tend to notice things first. :)
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I can definitely see a difference!
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look better in the now picture than the before picture. even if 10 pounds doesnt jump out, you DO look better.
  • danadane67
    Options
    Hang in there.... I am 31 days in.. i have lost 13lbs.. and i can see a little of the difference.. What i notice most is walking up stairs are getting easier..... My fingers are not swollen.... I am happy with the little things.. I bet you have somethings like that too... Keep going.. you have already completed a month..... :)
  • retrocarnivale
    Options
    Yeaaaa girl, keep it up! Trust me, even if you don't notice it the difference is there and it'll only get better. I was on here for a couple years and lost a good amount and gained a little back. Trying to get back to where I was last year before I started gaining weight from tons of stress. If ya need any friends add me! I could use a few more. Name is Carrie.

p.s. love your glasses. [=
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference everywhere! Face, arms, um, top, stomach. We seem to like full-body pics on mfp. So we can't see the progress in your lowerness. But keep it up! You don't necessarily see big change with 10 lbs. I've lost 76 and I feel it a lot more than see it, and unless you're becoming a club dancer, that's what matters.
  • serenitynowplease
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Right back at you :)
  • crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I AGREE WITH THIS!! your showing more confidence and your posture is better .... GREAT JOB!!
    I take weekly pics and when i get down or frustrated i scroll thru my pics and/or look at begining pics and then what i look like now and how far ive come in just 11 weeks and think WOW
    its the little things that i find and celebrate on!!