Body Change question as getting closer to goal!

Options
cindys921
cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
Hoping someone can help me out. I am about 5.5 and approx 160 lbs. Hoping to lose at least 20 more lbs. I will *kitten* this periodically! Recently I have become a little down about how I still look especially in bra and underwear etc.... My question is as you get closer to goal (healthy) weight .... Is this when body changes happen the most?? Are they more noticable?? I try to eat clean most of the time and exercise/ strength train dvds (jillian) at least 4 or 5 days a week.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track, the workouts should help you keep muscle, too. But it's hard to know what the end result will be until you hit goal weight, and many of us then realize our original goal weight needs to go up or down based on how we want to look.

I've also noticed I never lost weight evenly. Sometimes my bra would stop fitting, sometimes my jeans would be looser in the hips, other times the waistband, other times I lost fat from arms and legs and my face without anything else budging for weeks or months. So my shape always seemed to be changing, and sometimes not for the better.
  • Jujubees813
    Jujubees813 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'm working to get to 140ish. I carry pretty much all my weight in my belly and while I'm losing in my legs and arms (and some in my middle too) I'm worried I'll look even more disproportionate as I go on. I'm hoping it'll start grabbing faster at my middle real soon!!
  • fitmodel2014
    fitmodel2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't feel down know that you're beautiful and you want to enhance that beauty. You did a good job. I don't know what problems you are facing have but if it includes toning and lifting I would suggest strength training and cardio ( add weights to your work out even if its only 5 pounds). Jillian workouts are the best. 15-20 minutes should suffice. Hang in there.: smile:
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Congrats on your work so far! I think your struggle is pretty universal... it's hard to see your success or appricate your body if you've spent a long time unhappy with your looks and wanting to change.

For me it's often really hard to see my success for a couple of reasons. One I've always been bigger so in my mindseye I am fat. So I always kinda think I am larger. Second, is that I am so focused on my "goal" that anything than having a flat stomach, 18% body fat, and killer legs is a failure in my mind.

I am trying to focus on the good things that have come in the process and that helps. Thinking things like "damn i am a lot thinner/fitter than I was last year" vs "omg why is my stomach so flabby...i have so much weight to lose"

I do feel better and hotter after I workout ... b/c I feel strong and like I am doing something :)

Focus on your success so far and what is in your control. It won't be immediate, and it won't be all the time but little by little you will come to be happier with your body and the progress it's making
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You should see overall changes as you drop a large portion of fat. I noticed a change in my shape after the first 5-10 pounds. Then I started working on more weigth training and the definition started to become much more apparent. It sounds like you are already on the right track, just committ to it and be patient.
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and input!! My highest weight was about 240 when I was pregnant with my son who is now 7. I also have a 5 year old daughter .. Couldnt be happier with my babies. I would say for the past couple of years my highest weight was around 185 and over the past couple of years I have gotten down to about 175... Currenty about 160... And I am highly motivated this time.... Past times I have given up with working out etc after about a month or 2 tops but this time around seems different... Like I am in it for good... I enjoy working out and all the strength I have gained.

Just worried I will be all loose and saggy after all this hard work
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i've lowered my goal weight two times since starting MFP.
    speaking for myself I didnt know how I would look at different lesser weights.
    remember as you break down fat you can built up with muscle in areas you want to fill out. to get a look you want.
    i think thats important to remember.
    congrats on your progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!