STRETCH MARKS

Options
Hey, just looking for some advice, since i've been losing weight im noticing i'm getting quite a few stretch marks, i'm going away in october and would like to wear a bikini. What tips do you guys have for reducing the appearance of them? They just look so aggressive and red!

HELP

Replies

• accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My wife got insane stretchmarks on her belly from my kids. She used to have the ideal stomach...like magazine cover worthy but now its scarred up. I don't mind, I still love it...they are battle scars. I've got them too. Luckily they are on my *kitten* which nobody ever sees and on the inside of my bicep towards my armpit. but thats cool cuz that means my bicep is just too big for my skin to handle! lol

Battle scars happen...I don't think there is anything over the counter that will decrease them. If i'm wrong I hope someone lets me know. But i think all the cremes and ointments are just a bunch of crap. We've used a few of them without a hint of a difference.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Maybe Mederma or something used for scars? I can promise you that they fade, but they are quite bright when they first form :(
  • cdickens13
    cdickens13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can grind up coffee beans and make it into a paste with like olive oil and massage it into the skin. Havent tried it though.
  • alyssamaryw
    Options
    Coconut oil! It will prevent new stretch marks and reduce the appearance of "red aggressive" ones to a silvery color. They're not gone, but they're much less noticeable.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula For Stretch Marks Lotion.
    Gold Bond Coq10 Restoring Skin Therapy Lotion.
    Jergens Skin Firming Daily Toning Moisturizer.

I've used all three and I feel like they've really helped with my skin and my stretch marks!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    My wife got insane stretchmarks on her belly from my kids. She used to have the ideal stomach...like magazine cover worthy but now its scarred up. I don't mind, I still love it...they are battle scars. I've got them too. Luckily they are on my *kitten* which nobody ever sees and on the inside of my bicep towards my armpit. but thats cool cuz that means my bicep is just too big for my skin to handle! lol

Battle scars happen...I don't think there is anything over the counter that will decrease them. If i'm wrong I hope someone lets me know. But i think all the cremes and ointments are just a bunch of crap. We've used a few of them without a hint of a difference.

Best answer ever.

Stretch marks....pffft. I'll take that over my stupid joint pain anyday.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have some new stretch marks on my shoulders that appeared since I started losing weight (that's weird though, usually, stretch marks come with putting on weight, but anyway). My wedding is at the end of september and I would love them to be discreet by that time.

I'll take any tips you have.
  • Robotponysaurus
    Options
    Stretch marks are forever.
    They fade over time to a shade very similar to your skin color, but they are a tear in the skin that doesn't ever really go away.
    Even expensive laser therapy doesn't really do anything, according to most reputable dermatologists.
    The good news is that everyone has them, most people don't notice them until they're LOOKING for them, and anyone worth being around shouldn't care.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil! It will prevent new stretch marks and reduce the appearance of "red aggressive" ones to a silvery color. They're not gone, but they're much less noticeable.

I use this! Mine have faded so much they are barely noticable except in a few spots :) Who knows if it is just time ot the cocunut oil but I use it :)
  • mbauer013
    mbauer013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've had them on my knees for ever from weightlifting, they don't really go away. Cocoa Butter helps the appearence, but the only way to make them disappear is photoshop.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you get a tan it helps a million!
    I don't know if you are into tanning beds! But I lost 80 pounds after putting about 35 on in ONE MONTH so had tons of stretch marks!
    When I went tanning you couldn't hardly see them!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I think they're badass.
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    Options
    There are two things I know: lumiere de vie fading fluid or pentaxyl . try one of those, it will help. Or go cheap :Cream with vitamin e and aloe from walmart.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The only thing to reduce the appearance for my strech marks was tanning and bronzing firming lotions like jergens

So I have learned to embrace the Tiger Stripes ---Even my skinny friends (110lbs) have them so its just one of those things
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I would love to share a story with you!

Once upon a time Asa flew to Dallas for a job interview.

She LOVED shopping at Bath & Body Works, and knew that North Park Mall in Dallas had a flagship store.

I went to said store and purchased a $60 bottle of lotion by Biotherm for the strechmarks.

I was very much so in doubt that it would work, but I am very familiar with B&BW's return policy, to the extent that I had already planned on using it, being terribly disappointed, and returning it when I got back to Norman for a full refund. But in the meantime, I'd treat myself to a big purchase in the flagship store.

The night after my interview I knocked back a couple beers in my motel room and applied the lotion.

When I woke up the next day my purple stretch marks were white.

I was absolutely through the roof with excitement and I literally started calling my friends and family.

I literally jumped up and down and cried.

Purple stretch marks are not freaking cool.

White stretch marks are still stretch marks, but they don't look like stripes, and you can't see them in certain light.

Needless to say, I never returned the bottle.

My dad used it, and his crusty old purple stretch marks dramatically improved, to white, over night, as well.

I found later on that you could get bottles way cheaper on Ebay.

But seriously... nothing will make them go away for ever, but if you want to lose the stripes and have a nice silvery white mark instead, try this product.

No, I don't sell it.

I haven't even bought it in years, I had my baby a decade ago, my marks are almost completely invisible by now.

Here's a link to the Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?url=search-alias=beauty&field-keywords=biotherm+stretch+mark+cream&sprefix=biotherm+stretch,beauty,221&rh=n:3760911,k:biotherm+stretch+mark+cream

You can buy it directly from biotherm, or on Ebay or Amazon.

Bath & Body Works doesn't carry it... they only had it for a short period.

:flowerforyou:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you get a tan it helps a million!
    I don't know if you are into tanning beds! But I lost 80 pounds after putting about 35 on in ONE MONTH so had tons of stretch marks!
    When I went tanning you couldn't hardly see them!

This is true!

After using the Biotherm I tanned, which even further reduced their visibility, and I felt so damn super confident.

But I'll never forget those purple marks, and I'll never forget the joy of waking up and seeing them gone.

I'm tempted to post a pic of my tummy now so you can see how you can't see them at all, but I don't have a pic from back in the day with the purple to show for comparison.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I think they're badass.

Hi
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think they're badass.

I think you're badass.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I think they're badass.

Can I marry you?
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options

^^ You rock!

I got crazy stretch marks my last trimester with my daughter, (and I've had stretch marks from going from flat to D cup in less than a year when I was 14) I still have all of them, but with time they "normalize" they fade, they turn kinda silvery and they're less noticeable for me personally when I get a little sun. I've tried various things in a controlled way(test area, pix, time lapse) never had any effect other than softening my skin as lotion would. Just my experience with what I've tried.