I have no idea what a a Twinkie is ....

Options
123457»

Replies

• lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I loved them as a kid but I had one a few years ago and unfortunately, the taste did not live up to my nostalgic memories.

I had one when they came back a few months ago, I fell the same as you.
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever have a Drakes Cakes Funny Bones ???

Chocolate cake, with a chocolate coating, filled with a sweet creamy peanut butter filling.

Yummmmy!
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I loved them as a kid but I had one a few years ago and unfortunately, the taste did not live up to my nostalgic memories.

Same thing happened to me with a Moon Pie. Possibly because they used to be made with sugar and are now made with HFCS?
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Huh, I feel like the only person ever who still likes Twinkies and other kinds of snack cakes.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Same thing happened to me with a Moon Pie. Possibly because they used to be made with sugar and are now made with HFCS?

No. They used to be made with love. Now they are made with greed and corruption.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    never ever been a fan of the twinkie. the moon pie however is so good!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

This exactly. I prefer to live with the sweet memories of them, than remind myself of how awful they truly are. Nasty, greasy, dry, slime-filled wads of sponge, ack. :sick:
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    And then there is this:

homemade-twinkies.jpg

I give you... The Chocolate Covered Twinkie.

so much goodness!!!!

Yum!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You're not missing anything. I used to work for Wonder-Hostess a long time ago and could have a box of free Twinkies from the bakery outlet anytime...and never ate a single one. It's like a tiny loaf of mattress foam painted yellowish gold with flavorless filling.

The filling in their banana flip on the other hand...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    And then there is this:

homemade-twinkies.jpg

I give you... The Chocolate Covered Twinkie.

so much goodness!!!!

Yum!

Anyone remember the Chocodile? I didn't like it but it seemed way better than a regular Twinkie!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    ..... I think that I can count my blessings for that :happy:
    You don't know something as quintessential as play-doh, the smurfs, underroos, batman and robin lunch boxes, Nintendo/atari, cabbage patch kids and my little pony? You poor thing.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ..... I think that I can count my blessings for that :happy:
    You don't know something as quintessential as play-doh, the smurfs, underroos, batman and robin lunch boxes, Nintendo/atari, cabbage patch kids and my little pony? You poor thing.

Ta, but I don't feel that I've missed owt :-)
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5c270Jsa91qeba6m.gif
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who thinks those things are disgusting?

maybe i was spoiled with my moms baking growing up but ive had a couple and i nearly spit them out

No, you're not alone. Twinkies have ALWAYS been nasty. When they went out of business, I was not sad.

I was more of a Swiss Cake Roll girl anyway... although, I'll always take something home-baked over something made in a factory!!! Oatmeal raisin cookies anyone?!