just saying hi

Options
hi

I joined this site about a week and a half ago. I really want to lose weight (lots to lose but taking it 1 pound at a time) and be a healthier, happier person.

I am a mom of a 2.5 and a 6 month old and I really want them to grow up with a healthy Mum and Dad. Myself and my husband have bought the PS3 active game and I have been doing the 9 week cardio and weight programme for a week and a half now. It is hard but I am findng it a good thing to do. He is also trying to lose weight which makes things easier.

I have never been thin, even as a 4 or 5 year old I was overweight and I do not want our children to be like that.

I need lots of motivation and hopefully I will be on posting all of my successes :-)

Replies

• sarahwww2011
    Options
    Hi Shimmer

I joined about 1.5 weeks ago but still feeling like I am getting my head around it all - my kids are 11 and 7 years old - I remember mine being young and how hard it was - felt tired, exhausted and like there was no time for me so good on you! And your hubby.

I was a 'solid' child and have been a bit thinner (sureslim lost 12 kg but lost my way) Now I weigh 84 kg and would like to be 76-78kg. I fing the 1200 calories not enough but I exercise to compensate. I haven't been on my Wii for ages but it is a good option for exercise.

Happy to chat and need some friends on this site to keep my motivated too.

Cheers
    Sarahwww
  • melindapipkin
    Options
    nice to meet u, keep ur head up i have 2 boys and i want to be acitve for them and not become a lazy mom who sits on couch all day. add me as a friend!
  • kayleed7495
    Options
    hi, nice to meet you. I hope you like this site, so far it has helped me acheive some of my goals. good luck, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think you are making a great choice feel free to add me as a friend. I have been here since August and have lost 11 pounds. I know that doesn't sound like much but... I have been dealing with holidays and a large Disney wedding and house guest and illness so... I'm excited that I didn't gain anything through all this! This community is a great support and when I'm not keeping up with it I feel like something is missing. Welcome to the Circle!!