This is small but I am very proud of myself!

Options
OK. In all my life I have never been able to do a push up. You know, a REAL one not a "girl one" but the real one... you know.

So, today I have been working out. I have been wearing wrist weights to add a little extra to my Elliptical workouts for the last 2 weeks, since starting my new workout and diets regimen. I have also been doing those chair lifts... where its like you sit, but in the air and lift up with your arms.

Anywho... I did one. I DID 1 PUSH UP! Normally I get in position. Go down and never come back up. I was able to go down and come back up! OMG! I tried to do 2 but got stuck :/ But OMGOMGOMG! NEVER IN MY LIFE!

Very proud of myself

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • resptech97
    Options
    That is definately something to be proud of! I STILL cant do a push up after having lost 155 pounds! I am looking forward to the day I can say I at least did one pushup. One leads to more! Keep working at it!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! That's great! :flowerforyou:
  • RainyDayProphet
    Options
    That's no small feat! Congrats :) Next week we expect 2!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    wooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

GREAT!! Well done you!!

I remember feeling exactly the same when i did 1. Now I can do about 25 - 30. It's amazing the way you can train your muscles with practice.

Keep on practicing!!! I just love my new shoulders and pecs! (firmed chest muscles!!!) I LOVE push ups! They really sculpt your body differently to what us girls are used to. In a GOOD way.

Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • jatbe
    jatbe Posts: 18
    Options
    Good job! I'm working on that too. it's a lot harder than it was in high school.
  • debrahb
    Options
    Way to go! You should be proud of yourself - It's the little accomplishments that create the big ones!!!!
  • amsenny
    Options
    Woo hoo!! That is so AWESOME!! Good for you. And thanks for sharing your achievement with all of us!! :heart:
  • LorrieM40
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Jillian Michaels has me doing push ups as part of the 30 day shred video, I'm up to 2 sets of 10-15! Keep up the good work!! And you should be proud, pat on the back!
  • vixincali
    Options
    Yay!! You should be proud!! That is huge. I struggle with those upper body exercises too. I think I will try those added weights too. Keep up the good work!
  • vixincali
    Options
    Oy! I could not reach around to my back after that Jillian Michaels WorkOut. She is brutal...but I know it's worth it. I used to hate when my hubs would say "no pain no gain" but now I know what he means.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That is great! You should be proud of yourself. I have horrible upper body strength. Need to work on that.
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    That's is awesome! You're definitely rocking it!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    that is so great. thats my goal, 1 haha. especially since my husband was in the military and my husband can do the push-ups and clap when he comes up.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! WTG!!!! before you know you will knocking out 12 at time!!!!
  • xraygoddess
    Options
    That's awesome! You have to celebrate the small steps along the way! Great job!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    haha That would be amazing
    that is so great. thats my goal, 1 haha. especially since my husband was in the military and my husband can do the push-ups and clap when he comes up.

Thanks everyone!
  • smasucci
    Options
    Great work! You should be really proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing your success, you are an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!