Seniors Lets get with it!

Options
Hey all you guys and gals over 65!
I will be turning 67 on a few weeks and don't want to be 300lbs anymore! I lost 40 lbs a year ago, then had replacement knee surgery, sat around, and put all but 15 lbs back on. I am now able to get around again, and want to drop another 50 lbs.
Big job for a grampa of 8, right? "You bet it is! That's why I'm writing this, I need help!

One reason I got off the "program", was because of the responses I was getting from folks on this site. Not discouraging, mind you, but it tended to get like facebook, and became a "who's sleeping with who" blog instead of a weight loss site. Young people, I love you to death, but us old guys grew up different and don't choose to "bare our soul to the world:" This time I need constructive comments mixed with a bit of humor only age can appreciate. Sorry!

Oh I don't mind hearing about your grandkids I'm more than willing to tell about my 8, but don't care about you neighbor's girlfriends problem. OK? No Dear Abby!

If you are looking for help like me, and are "well Seasoned", Log on, lets loose some weight and get moving!

Replies

• MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am not a senior, only 27 years old so I won't friend request you lol Just say good luck on your journey and I hope you find an awesome group of people to motivate you on here. You can also go on to search friends on the site and I think there is an age filter so you can look for ppl your age. Best of luck!!!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just turned 63. Can I get an exemption?
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm 70. Glad to see you on your quest to get fit. It takes a lot of work but it's so worth it. You can even reverse many health problems. Best of luck to you.
  • grandmama1945
    grandmama1945 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 69 years old, very healthy and have made a career of trying not to be overweight. I have done MFP before and now I remember why I quit. I can never get back to the conversations that I try to follow. I am interested in exercise, healthy eating and encouragement. I don't mean to be rude but I'm not really interested in your grandchildren, children or your spouse forgetting your birthday etc. I have Facebook for that. hahaha. Can you relate?
    I just started back on the treadmill and tracking my food on MFP. Hope to read some good stuff on here and hope I haven't offended anyone. Oh and by the way I know my picture is upside down and can't seem to fix it.
  • kksmom8
    kksmom8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, losing weight after menopause is slow but doable! We can do it!
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm female age 58, not quite a senior. I started with my journey and MFP on May 28th weighing in at 400 pounds. I've lost a few pounds with food changes only. Exercise was put off a bit, just getting around the house and walking is a challenge but I'll get there. I don't have children or grandchildren to talk about but I have a cat. I log everyday whether it be good or bad. If you would like to be friends, send me a friend request.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am 71, log in daily, and avoid the silly forum postings, but do sometimes post a reply on the more sensible ones, like here for instance

I do not post about my grandchildren or children, unless it fits in with MFP, such as going to a birthday party

Add me if you wish
  • grandmama1945
    grandmama1945 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hear you . I love my grandchildren too but have been on blogs that wind up having nothing to do with weight loss. I did great today and only have 2 calories left. I weighed and measured everything that went in my mouth. I ate dinner at 6:00 so I hope I don't get the late evening munchies!
  • colonelkorndog
    Options
    Close enough! 38 lbs! yep you got it goin on!
  • colonelkorndog
    Options
    Thanks brother!
  • colonelkorndog
    Options
    Exactly! Thanks for the nod!
  • Texasopa
    Texasopa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be 63 in September,.
  • colonelkorndog
    Options
    Thanks! Welcome!
  • colonelkorndog
    Options
    You I especially want to talk to! Truth be known, I could loose 100 lbs and still be somewhat over weight. Never thought it was possible, but you did it brother Welcome, and Help!
  • colonelkorndog
    Options
    Hey, I'm back. Same story 6 months later. I got sidetracked when my wife developed a life threatening illness. We are now on the mend, but back up to 307. I am shooting for the moon, and going for 245. Need some help guys!
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome back colonelkorndog, we all get sidetracked but at least you came back. I broke the bone in my shoulder in July and I am still recovering from it. I'm 61 and have been on this weight loss journey for awhile now. Sent request.