Snacks that are not fruit.

Options
Hello everyone I am looking for snack ideas that are anything other than fruit. I have a dairy allergy so milk, yougurt,cheese are all out of the question. I seem to always go over my sugar calories.

Replies

• crobertson1916
    Options
    I sound like a broken record, but if you are not allergic to peanuts, I would suggest chocolate rice snacks with a serving of natural peanut butter.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Low sodium mix nuts, s/f popsicles, s/f jello
  • vandy29
    vandy29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    raw nuts
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    nuts, veggies, hummus, peanut butter etc, anything can be a snack really, well except something along the line of a 16oz steak :laugh:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Steamed or Raw Vegetables...Delish! Snacks that are high in fiber..like Fiber Bars..or dry cereal...like Cheerios/Chex...POPCORN!!!
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nuts! Celery with peanut butter or Almond Butter, olives.
    pickles, edamame, chocolate soy milk. granola bars, fruit bars, Quaker rice cakes of all flavors and sizes including chocolate drizzle, popcorn, Hillshire farms deli meat, anything you love in small quantities!
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do a serving of nuts every day, usually roasted but unsalted almonds or cashews or raw pecans. (Pecans have one of the highest contents of antioxidants!) I love roasted red pepper hummus, it actually tastes cheesy with no dairy in it. At least, it does to me and my sister. I have an awesome black bean dip recipe from a Moosewood Restaurant cookbook. Radishes are great with a little peanut butter. I hear soy beans are great but I'm allergic so I can't attest. Kashi makes some great crackers.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm highly lactose intolerant so I'm dairy free as well. My snacks that are non fruit include raw nuts, baby carrots and hummus, celery and peanut butter (well actually peanut butter on apples, bananas too :)) ummmmm all that keeps popping into my head is all the fruit I usually eat :) Hardboiled eggs, homemade oatmeal, homemade granola bars....if I think of anything else I'll update!

Thought of some more: Homemade Guacamole and homemade tortilla chips (out of corn tortillas)

OH and I just grabbed my Go Dairy Free book and for dairy free snacks it lists (that I haven't already listed): Dried fruit, seeds, gelatin, applesauce, fruit bars and leathers, popcorn, rice cakes (but some of the flavored brands contain dairy)
  • Hansjs
    Hansjs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Pistachios (really any nuts), Beef Jerky (the high quality real meat kind so its low in fat).
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh, here's a great one I picked up from a weight watchers board years ago. Italian bread crumbs, egg beaters and zuchinni sliced in rounds about 1/4 inch thick. Dip the zuchinni rounds in the egg beaters and then the bread crumbs. Spritz with canola oil cooking spray and bake at 425 for 10 minutes on each side. (More if you think it needs.) Crunchy and yummy. My husband even enjoyed them. (Just watch out for possible dairy in the bread crumbs.)
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Raw almonds, popcorn, hummus . . . .
  • Marbar
    Marbar Posts: 15
    Options
    The recipie for the zucchinni rounds. They sound yummy.
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    Quaker oats RICE CAKES....If you get the butter flavor, you can have 3 for 105 cals!!! Seriously...you cant beat that. Even the chocolate flavour is 60 cals each...I usually go for 2 at a time.
  • Octomonkey
    Octomonkey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try sugar-free jelly :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love raw veggies.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Smoothie made with PB, rice or almond milk, ice and dried egg white powder.... a little chocolate or chocolate chips if you have the wiggle room.