Attention! PARENTS with SMARTPHONES!

Options
Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
Attention Parents with Smartphones! ---I don't know why I never thought of this but tonight my son and I were talking about when you have to call 911 and he was telling me how he would dial it. Well, then i gave him my Blackberry and said show me and he couldn't find the numbers. So we sat down and went over on how to dial on my phone and that you would need to hit the green button. Then I gave him a old Blackberry of mine to practice with. Just something I never thought of with kids and thought I would share with you.

For us, we have no landline (like a lot of people now a days). So why not make sure that if you need your kids help they can help you!

:)

Replies

• rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    what a great idea! I'll have to do this with my 5 yr old daughter. So glad you thought to share! :smile:
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is very true! Got to remember these things as technology keeps changing!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Very good point, sad to say that the kids in my family are so used to cell phones my 2 year old niece knows how to use my BB. :tongue:
  • ksills5
    ksills5 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but this made me think of a time years ago when I was younger my dad gave me his cell phone to call when I needed to get picked up from an after school event and when I called it didn't work- I didn't know I had to push the "green" button to actually place the call.....How stupid of me I think now, but for young kids they definitely might not know that!
  • noxma
    noxma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Caution!
    Keep in mind that most deactivated cell phones will still dial 911. REMOVE THE BATTERY for practice! Also, not all cell phones will pinpoint to the dispatcher WHERE you are calling from, so that needs to be taught as well.