I have been on the AdvoCare 24 day challenge.

Options
I have been on the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and I am on day 5. I have already lost 2 lbs. and 1/2 in in my waist.
This stuff works great. It is a good healthy way to jump start and train your self how to eat correctly, and get good healthy vitamins
into your body. No gimmicks, guys. This stuff Really works.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth,

Welcome, and congrats on your five pound loss.

Advocare, which is quite expensive, is not the reason you lost weight. You lost weight because you ate less calories than you burned. You can do this by eating real foods in moderation, which can be done without paying all that money.

In my opinion, Advocare is a gimmick because they want you to think it's their product that made you lose weight when it's actually the calorie deficit.
  • ruthstricklen
    ruthstricklen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the challenge, and by the grace of God, I have lost 2 lbs. I have tried other diets, and trust me, I am the Queen of diets, and eating right. I still have not had quite the results I am having with this product. I have spent thousands and thousands on gimmicks....and Fads and still 200.00 +- is Nothing, when you see the results I am seeing....BTW....I have had the ruex en y procedure. And Advocare is minimally evasive.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the challenge, and by the grace of God, I have lost 2 lbs. I have tried other diets, and trust me, I am the Queen of diets, and eating right. I still have not had quite the results I am having with this product. I have spent thousands and thousands on gimmicks....and Fads and still 200.00 +- is Nothing, when you see the results I am seeing....BTW....I have had the ruex en y procedure. And Advocare is minimally evasive.
    Gastric bypass presents its own problems. My sister in law had gastric bypass and said if she had it to do over she would have never had it.

The best of luck to you.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Queen of eating right?

Strong sales pitch.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to see what Advocare can do for me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    .... I should raise my rates...
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth,

Welcome, and congrats on your five pound loss.

Advocare, which is quite expensive, is not the reason you lost weight. You lost weight because you ate less calories than you burned. You can do this by eating real foods in moderation, which can be done without paying all that money.

In my opinion, Advocare is a gimmick because they want you to think it's their product that made you lose weight when it's actually the calorie deficit.

Having done the Advocare 14 day cleanse, I'd have to agree with this poster. The large part of the plan isn't the vitamins and pills, it's that you are supposed to restrict your eating quite severely. I did not find it hard to do (meal shake for breakfast, big salad with grilled chicken for lunch, protein and vegetables for dinner) but THAT and my exercise was what made me lose weight.

I ate under my total daily energy expenditure. Simple as that.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    .... I should raise my rates...

One of the problems new business owners face is proper pricing. They almost always set rates too low.
  • lisamarielopez1
    lisamarielopez1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth! :smile:

I also have just started my journey on Advocare, and today is my THIRD day so far. As of this morning, I've lost 4lbs, which I have been unable to do on any other plan in that time frame. Ever.

Yes I am eating well again (which I have been unable to do regularly for the past two years) but I'm not left hungry at all. I was able to give up my daily 1-2 cups of morning coffee with very little side effects, and I'm drinking way more water than before as required (before, I absolutely hated drinking water!).

I decided that Advocare if anything, would help get me back on track because I was missing the drive to be healthy again. I was tired all of the time, had trouble sleeping, I was mentally exhausted, and was becoming depressed.

Coincidentally, I've slept better the last two days than I have in ages!! My husband is SHOCKED that I have been up before the alarm, when normally I would snooze until at least 730am every morning, making me late for work everyday.

For me, all of the above, the price has been worth it! I'm told that the healthy feelings will only get better! Stick to it, and don't let anyone dissuade you from what you feel is right! Only you know your body! Good luck!!

Congrats on the weight loss!!

~ Lisa
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Hi Ruth! :smile:

I also have just started my journey on Advocare, and today is my THIRD day so far. As of this morning, I've lost 4lbs, which I have been unable to do on any other plan in that time frame. Ever.

Yes I am eating well again (which I have been unable to do regularly for the past two years) but I'm not left hungry at all. I was able to give up my daily 1-2 cups of morning coffee with very little side effects, and I'm drinking way more water than before as required (before, I absolutely hated drinking water!).

I decided that Advocare if anything, would help get me back on track because I was missing the drive to be healthy again. I was tired all of the time, had trouble sleeping, I was mentally exhausted, and was becoming depressed.

Coincidentally, I've slept better the last two days than I have in ages!! My husband is SHOCKED that I have been up before the alarm, when normally I would snooze until at least 730am every morning, making me late for work everyday.

For me, all of the above, the price has been worth it! I'm told that the healthy feelings will only get better! Stick to it, and don't let anyone dissuade you from what you feel is right! Only you know your body! Good luck!!

Congrats on the weight loss!!

~ Lisa

Lisa,

Nobody is trying to dissuade the original poster, just pointing out the obvious: Advocare is not the reason. She or anyone else loses weight, it's the calorie deficit. Period.
  • krokokid
    Options
    Congrats to you all. I have lost 24Ibs myself since I have been using advocare supplements.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Congrats to you all. I have lost 24Ibs myself since I have been using advocare supplements.
    Mmmmm......you're advertising (notice I removed the link in my reply).