Targeting Certain body areas for weight loss

Options
I have been doing great with MFP, Fitbit, and exercise! I am 7.5 lbs from my goal weight, which will put me squarly in the middle of my ideal body weight! Yay! I have noticed, even though I am visibly smaller everywhere, I'm having trouble getting the ripply appearing fat of the front/sides of my thighs. I do have muscles underneath the layer of fat though! I run 3-4 miles 3 x a week, and I lift weights. Any advise on targeting this area? It just looks like more than 7.5 lbs of fat to me. I have had 2 babies in the last 3 years, the youngest just turned one. Thank you for all advise and opinions!

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You can't target certain areas of your body for fat loss. Since you already lift weights then you just need to have patience.
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Agreed with Branstin, you can't target areas of the body for weight loss. Your body reduces in size proportionally. If you are bulking muscle in targeted areas, that could hide the loss of fat tho.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Targeting Certain body areas for weight loss -
    this is a myth, you cannot spot reduce, only time and patience in reducing your total BF% will help
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You will need to lower your body fat percentage. You may find yourself happier at a lower weight.
  • jennylynn_1983
    jennylynn_1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll have to be more patient :)